• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mort Drucker Passes

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
CBC obit.

I suppose only people within a certain age band (and mostly male) will really feel this one.

Add: RIP (Rest in Potrzebie).

I certainly remember him. There was a time when MAD made up 50% of my reading material.  ;D

RIP, Mort

3427312ecd0931a1344d1c590d17bef9.jpg

Wow.  And following a couple of links, I see Al Jaffee (at 99) is still there.

I will always admire how creative the folks at Mad who did the fold in on the last page of the magazine were. It was simply astonishing what they could do to transform a simple contemporary image into political satire. Brilliant.

And don't even get me going on Spy vs. Spy

Weinie said:
I will always admire how creative the folks at Mad who did the fold in on the last page of the magazine were. It was simply astonishing what they could do to transform a simple contemporary image into political satire. Brilliant.

And don't even get me going on Spy vs. Spy

The fold-in and Spy vs. Spy were my two favourite parts!  RIP Mort!

I'll always remember the issue (from my officer cadet and second lieutenant days) in which they declared 1961 was a reversible year - try turning it over or waiting it backwards - others included 1111, 1691, and 1881. The next one would be something like 6119.

Back