• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Minister Anand announces investment of up to $3.7 billion to supply operational clothing and footwear to the Canadian Armed Forces

1. What unit are you in that you're on parade that much? Actually don't answer that.
  2. I really hope those items get washed after (and probably before) wearing... :sick:
1. It's in the profile, so lots of grad parades and such.

2. Its more of a "if you need this, coool it's now yours until it doesn't fit or you no longer need it" as opposed to a "Wear and return" situation.

So far, it's been a pretty good initiative bred out of necessity. It would be sooooo much better if Logistik Unicorps could pull their head out of their ass and provide what members are entitled to, instead of creating the conditions for this creative solution.

Hey, somebody has to keep the "there are two sizes in the Army - too large and too small" meme alive.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

Pedant point: British troops, retired or otherwise, don't salute with their headdress off.

Therefore, this man is clearly a f*cking Walt ;)

Logistic Unicorp can’t be much worse than Peerless surely?

What I like about this is that we’ll see a shift towards ordering more of clothing. This should allow us to draw down the size of base clothing stores, and better serve the reserves. It should also free up some PYs in time. While I wouldn’t recommend Reddit for a whole lot generally, it’s very toxic, and memebe in there went into some detail about how hopelessly outdated the main depot in Montreal is, to that point it’s basically infixable without shutting it down. Outsourcing distribution means they’ll be forced to take it on which should be a positive.

Attachments

• D133AAAE-8F73-4CF5-B2AE-D269710D9043.png
    D133AAAE-8F73-4CF5-B2AE-D269710D9043.png
    621.6 KB · Views: 21
On the Navy League Cadet level we are looking to source uniform components from elsewhere than Logistiks. I found some decent parade belts from Pakistan (We also got a lovely drum major sash from there) and looking for better lanyards, caps and boots from other sources. We got much nicer jackets locally as well.

While I wouldn’t recommend Reddit for a whole lot generally, it’s very toxic, and memebe in there went into some detail about how hopelessly outdated the main depot in Montreal is, to that point it’s basically infixable without shutting it down. Outsourcing distribution means they’ll be forced to take it on which should be a positive.
I have until very recently worked in the depot at 7 CFSD now directly work with both of them and what that guy said was essentially wrong/entirely misleading.

There are inefficiencies at the depots but not in the way outlined by that person nor is it irreparably broken.

I have until very recently worked in the depot at 7 CFSD now directly work with both of them and what that guy said was essentially wrong/entirely misleading.
Wait - CAF Reddit is wrong about something? Excuse me while I get my smelling salts.

On the Navy League Cadet level we are looking to source uniform components from elsewhere than Logistiks. I found some decent parade belts from Pakistan (We also got a lovely drum major sash from there) and looking for better lanyards, caps and boots from other sources. We got much nicer jackets locally as well.
I actually didn't know that the Navy League sourced from Logistik at all, since they're not (officially) part of CJCR. Or am I mistaken?

I actually didn't know that the Navy League sourced from Logistik at all, since they're not (officially) part of CJCR. Or am I mistaken?
Yes we do, but we have to pay up front out of our own pocket and Logistik Corp does not make it easier or cheaper (like bundling orders to save shipping costs) My dress uniform tunic is likley 15 years old and possibly I am the third person to wear it. We don't toss uniform bits until they become unusable. A Cadet uniform is likely to be worn by 2-3 cadets as well before being discarded. Thankfully we are not mandated to use them. The Logistik website is clunky and badly designed. They would not survive in a retail environment.

My unit had to create a "DEU Library" so we could kit out some of the new folks so they wouldn't look like ass forbparades and such.

Any still usable DEU items would be left in the lockers and folks could garb from there. It was far more effective than waiting for Logistik to deliver on time and with the right size
Really? I would find that unacceptable. If a soldier had no DEU they would be on parade in CADPAT. That was the way we ran it in the PRes units I was in in Winnipeg.
Not a chance I am letting the system off the hook.

Really? I would find that unacceptable. If a soldier had no DEU they would be on parade in CADPAT. That was the way we ran it in the PRes units I was in in Winnipeg.
Not a chance I am letting the system off the hook.
I believe part of the idea was "waste not, want not." to be honest. Better to see Pte Bloggins kitted out properly than finding it on the rack at Value Village for $19.99 once Sgt Smith needs a replacement size.

I am in agreement that the system is responsible for kitting out the troops. Then again, I had to drop $60 bucks to make sure my tunic accouterments were squared away, so 🤷.

I paid more in a year on civvy street ensuring I had proper dress for work than what I have had to spend in 16 years serving the Crown.

I am in agreement that the system is responsible for kitting out the troops. Then again, I had to drop $60 bucks to make sure my tunic accouterments were squared away, so 🤷.
Regimental or Corps accoutrements are a different kettle of fish. The collar dogs I used to wear as a Patricia and the hat badge purchased were far superior to the issue stuff.

Regimental or Corps accoutrements are a different kettle of fish. The collar dogs I used to wear as a Patricia and the hat badge purchased were far superior to the issue stuff.
For context, the "collar dog meme" sprang from this gem of a thread in CAF Reddit.

Essentially, RCCS switched collar dogs and their RSM forced everyone to buy them by X date because none are avail through Supply.

RCCS Collar Dog memes enter the chat
I bought mine because my Jimmy's died an honourable death the night before Remembrance Day 2021.

The approach of some within the RCCS towards that whole thing embarrasses most of us. I'm glad it was quashed quickly by the Corps CWO.

I bought mine because my Jimmy's died an honourable death the night before Remembrance Day 2021.

The approach of some within the RCCS towards that whole thing embarrasses most of us. I'm glad it was quashed quickly by the Corps CWO.
I'm glad too - didn't realize the Corps CWO put their foot down on it.

Again...something about CAF Reddit being wrong...

Logistic Unicorp can’t be much worse than Peerless surely?

What I like about this is that we’ll see a shift towards ordering more of clothing. This should allow us to draw down the size of base clothing stores, and better serve the reserves. It should also free up some PYs in time. While I wouldn’t recommend Reddit for a whole lot generally, it’s very toxic, and memebe in there went into some detail about how hopelessly outdated the main depot in Montreal is, to that point it’s basically infixable without shutting it down. Outsourcing distribution means they’ll be forced to take it on which should be a positive.

@MJP we play in the same world.

Should our depots be completely civilian?

Honest fault of mine is I have very little under the first line of supply in my career. So I have to wonder if our 3rd lines and beyond wouldn't be better served being full on civilian organizations.

Interested in your thoughts and opinions.

Back