• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Military chief warns China and Russia are 'at war with the West' and Canada is not ready

Yeah, I grew up in Hamilton, and it's amazing how much the manufacturing industries were deliberately undercut over the years, with support at all levels of government dropping in favour of 'service' industry jobs in things like financial services and other 'clean' industries. Meanwhile that requires a massive investment in infrastructure to support all the commuting to the GTA, while very little direct returns to the tax base from the service companies (compared to a factory, which will have fairly high property taxes and things like taxes on large power usage, on top of payroll taxes for all the employees).

Makes no sense to me, especially in a country so rich in natural resources. The UK has done the same, so was really weird to me they didn't better protect the City financial industry in the Brexit agreement (but maybe they have more opportunity for growth in money laundering and tax evasion, vice more above board services).

Meanwhile the same cities are allowing building of McMansions on some of the most fertile farming areas in Canada, as well as in flood plains and other high risk areas. Weird how covering over all the earth with concrete and ashphalt, then putting houses in low areas that used to be dried out will contribute to high rates of localized flooding.
Look at Japan or Germany. They are manufacturing superpowers but they've just made their factories super efficient, leveraging the latest technology.

We sold off all our World Class companies for pennies on the dollar.

Meanwhile the same cities are allowing building of McMansions on some of the most fertile farming areas in Canada, as well as in flood plains and other high risk areas. Weird how covering over all the earth with concrete and ashphalt, then putting houses in low areas that used to be dried out will contribute to high rates of localized flooding.

Then the flooding and hurricanes will be described as "I've never seen a storm this strong before" and the climate change hysteria will go on, Carbon taxes will be raised. Meanwhile China is laughing and building more coal plants while we bankrupt and put ourselves into poverty. This country needs a serious overhaul in leadership to combat the future world. Canada is going to die under Trudeau and his policies, even members of his Liberal party are starting to realize this. Something is wrong in our leadership structure when one man can destroy the lives of millions, even in a democratic state.

Then the flooding and hurricanes will be described as "I've never seen a storm this strong before" and the climate change hysteria will go on, Carbon taxes will be raised. Meanwhile China is laughing and building more coal plants while we bankrupt and put ourselves into poverty. This country needs a serious overhaul in leadership to combat the future world. Canada is going to die under Trudeau and his policies, even members of his Liberal party are starting to realize this. Something is wrong in our leadership structure when one man can destroy the lives of millions, even in a democratic state.
Boiling Frogs.
It appears most of Canada hasn’t realized the water is getting really hot and are basking like a hot tub…

What does this have to do with Trudeau? That's all provincial/local zoning laws. In the particular case of the Golden Horseshoe, that's been happening under both the previous Liberal, NDP and PC governments, as well as the current PC government.

The hurricanes, amount of rainfall and general weather patterns are being massively effected by changing sea temperatures and currents, which are clearly changing as sea ice melts. The melting glaciers on land also massively change big things like weather patterns. Things are getting demonstrably worse, and it is similarly criminally short sighted to keep doing what we're doing, but not looking past the upcoming election is a common fault across all parties and levels of government.

If you are expecting that leadership to come from politicians, best of luck. Unless you have a sustained pressure from the populace, you are SOL for any real changes at a strategic level, in any direction.

If folks want smaller government and be free to live their lives, hopefully they are planning on responding on their own next time there is a forest fire, flood etc and insurance isn't covering damages.

The hurricanes, amount of rainfall and general weather patterns are being massively effected by changing sea temperatures and currents, which are clearly changing as sea ice melts. The melting glaciers on land also massively change big things like weather patterns. Things are getting demonstrably worse, and it is similarly criminally short sighted to keep doing what we're doing, but not looking past the upcoming election is a common fault across all parties and levels of government.

Climate change is happening, but to say humans have any direct affect vs the natural cycle of the earth is hilarious. Taxing to flight climate change is hilariously idiotic in itself and can only be thought up by the brain dead woke. The only thing this does is make people poorer where they can't afford basic necessities like food. Trudeau's policies are essentially on the path of killing people through starvation.

Meanwhile…

Ironic photo of a Canuck training Ukrainians on a key weapon we don’t have ourselves

Climate change is happening, but to say humans have any direct affect vs the natural cycle of the earth is hilarious. Taxing to flight climate change is hilariously idiotic in itself and can only be thought up by the brain dead woke. The only thing this does is make people poorer where they can't afford basic necessities like food. Trudeau's policies are essentially on the path of killing people through starvation.
I think pretending that the apex predator on the planet that is completely changing the landscape and whose impact is visible from space isn't having a global impact on weather is frankly stupid.

The entire breadbasket that feeds India and Pakistan is in danger of disappearing because the glacier fed runoff that provides water is gradually disappearing because there isn't enough precipitation/cold weather for it to recover in the winter. On both poles chunks of glacier ice the size of countries is falling into the ocean and disappearing; the rising sea levels, changing sea currents impact the global weather system, food security and all kinds of other critical things.

Burying your head in the sand if very CAF of you I guess. Hopefully you are doing it inland though as beachfront property is slowly going underwater.

The entire breadbasket that feeds India and Pakistan is in danger of disappearing because the glacier fed runoff that provides water is gradually disappearing because there isn't enough precipitation/cold weather for it to recover in the winter. On both poles chunks of glacier ice the size of countries is falling into the ocean and disappearing; the rising sea levels, changing sea currents impact the global weather system, food security and all kinds of other critical things.
So exactly like they've been doing for millions and millions of years?

I haven't seen the CDS' statement but I fear it will fall on deaf ears...because of that admiration for China.

It basically took this war for the Germans to realize how insane Germany's reliance on Russian energy was. Up until now, they voted for a leader who said it was "great for environment" to do things like get rid of nuclear power and buy all the energy from Russia. Only now, after funding Putin's war machine for years and billions of dollars, with the energy from Russia basically cut off and pipelines blown with gas escaping into the ocean and atmosphere, are they finally waking up to how dumb and predictable the entire thing was. And how much damage to the environment did they cause by basically funding the war? The damage to the environment from the war is clearly going to be substantial, although I doubt we will ever see public acceptance by any Western governments of just how stupid that entire plan was or how badly things unfolded or how they actually accelerated the decline of our planet by actioning these policies.

The worlds population has gone from 2.3 billion in 1945 at the end of WWII up to 7.7 billion currently. That's a lot of people in a short amount of time. I personally think the human race is causing a negative impact on the planet, I believe it, it makes sense to me, but when small populations like Canada and the USA are literally GIVING our money and quality of life to the worlds worst polluters, autocrats, and straight up thugs, to destroy the planet without any legitimate regulation at a much faster pace than we would, it make me wonder how does that make any sense? Is it possible that my views are actually more "alarmist" than those who want a "cleaner, greener, future" while staying on the current track that could possibly lead to armageddon if the situation is really as bad as some environmental scientist believe?

You would think the "green" crowd would be the first ones to see reality of the situation and start protesting that we stop spending places like China and Russia where epic environmental damage is commonplace, reverse track, produce our own energy until we find better solutions, and stop funding the worlds biggest polluters and warmongers to destroy this planet faster than we could do it ourselves.

At the end of the day, we're going to be damaging the environment for a while to come, it sucks but it's reality, until we transition to new permanent green alternatives down the road. The way we're doing this now is where we pay the worlds worst regimes to do the polluting for us in the worst ways imaginable, and then they use the money we paid them for more polluting and building militaries to use against us and other democracies--- this to me seems like the worst option.

Meanwhile…

Ironic photo of a Canuck training Ukrainians on a key weapon we don’t have ourselves

"Mom can pick up some NLAWs on the way home?"

"NO! You have the M-72 feature on the broken SAT range at home. You can use that and like it"

I haven't seen the CDS' statement but I fear it will fall on deaf ears...because of that admiration for China.

Well, after all the fiasco's that happened, can we really blame anyone for not taking the CDS seriously?

Personally, I think he's spot on, but we did a great job trashing the reputation of the position through a series of scandals and poor picks and quite frankly I think that's going to negatively effect any CDS opinion for a long time to come.

The tragedy here being, I really think people should be listening to him at the moment.

Well, after all the fiasco's that happened, can we really blame anyone for not taking the CDS seriously?

Personally, I think he's spot on, but we did a great job trashing the reputation of the position through a series of scandals and poor picks and quite frankly I think that's going to negatively effect any CDS opinion for a long time to come.

The tragedy here being, I really think people should be listening to him at the moment.
Fully concur and when shit hits the fan whatever party is GoC will say "how could this happen?"

I agree, but waiting to see if his own environmental Commanders actually listen. The RCN is continuing to operate the fleet far beyond the capacity of the actual sailors, maintenance facilities and support lines can sustainably manage, but I doubt they will do anything like mothball ships or even slow down the ops tempo.

Exhibit A of what not to do!

Apparently we are going to setup a committee to "study the issues" allegedly.

The Government is going to develop infrastructure, fix labor shortages and consult with identify choke points 🤣 HOW? Who knows! Probably with pixie dust!

Listening to that Minister and those Technocrats..... I'm not seeing or hearing lot of what sounds like winning!
So I'm of the opinion that governments need to stay out of supply chain discussions, except to help with infrastructure that allows them to create flows and nodes.

Supply chain is to complicated and to fluid for any one group to completely understand. Its an ecosystem that defies full understanding. As soon as one gets the data of the current state the state has changed and the data is irrelevent. If the supply chain is breaking then it will have to be fixed on its own, WITHOUT government involvement or help. Frankly a lot of the supply chain woes are due to the government (mainly US gov't) fiddling with it.

…fed by Canadian coal ripped out of open pit mines in the Rocky Mountains, like here in Elk Valley, B.C.

1665189649733.jpeg

You couldn’t make up this insanely-hypocritical BS if you tried…

So I'm of the opinion that governments need to stay out of supply chain discussions, except to help with infrastructure that allows them to create flows and nodes.

Supply chain is to complicated and to fluid for any one group to completely understand. Its an ecosystem that defies full understanding. As soon as one gets the data of the current state the state has changed and the data is irrelevent. If the supply chain is breaking then it will have to be fixed on its own, WITHOUT government involvement or help. Frankly a lot of the supply chain woes are due to the government (mainly US gov't) fiddling with it.
I'm of the opinion we need less Government involvement and interference which is why I posted the video of them talking about all the things they are going to do.

My message to them would be:

"How about you stay out of our way" 😉
…fed by Canadian coal ripped out of open pit mines in the Rocky Mountains, like here in Elk Valley, B.C.

View attachment 74089

You couldn’t make up this insanely-hypocritical BS if you tried…

I've been hauling metallurgical coal all week to the terminal near my place. Nobody see's it because it's safely behind an embankment 🤣

I'm of the opinion we need less Government involvement and interference which is why I posted the video of them talking about all the things they are going to do.

My message to them would be:

"How about you stay out of our way" 😉

I've been hauling metallurgical coal all week to the terminal near my place. Nobody see's it because it's safely behind an embankment 🤣

Meanwhile, in the Kootenays...

I agree, but waiting to see if his own environmental Commanders actually listen. The RCN is continuing to operate the fleet far beyond the capacity of the actual sailors, maintenance facilities and support lines can sustainably manage, but I doubt they will do anything like mothball ships or even slow down the ops tempo.

All the CDS needs to do is fire one obstinate three star, and folks'll get with the program soon enough.

Back