• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut

No, but the world does not revolve around new town or whatever it is called....

muskrat89 said:
I wrote a column for my Outdoor Site indicating that evil was the enemy here: http://www.fishcamphunthike.com/guns-again/blog-70/

Fantastic article and articulates exactly what I've been saying to people - we need to understand WHY these things happen and how we can prevent them.  Knee-jerk reactions aren't the solution.

And I'm glad the NRA is taking to the time to respond to this and didn't come out, to use a pun, "all guns blazing".  The people who are trying to take political advantage of this situation are sickening.

estoguy said:
Fantastic article and articulates exactly what I've been saying to people - we need to understand WHY these things happen and how we can prevent them.  Knee-jerk reactions aren't the solution.

And I'm glad the NRA is taking to the time to respond to this and didn't come out, to use a pun, "all guns blazing".  The people who are trying to take political advantage of this situation are sickening.

I hope the NRAs response has nothing to do with gun control, the rights of Americans, the second amendment or anything gun related.

recceguy said:
Almost strange that they are the only organization that has given time to mourn and proper thought to a reasoned response amongst all the knee jerk reaction politicians and special interest groups. ::)
Well, that's an interesting take on the silence, I must admit.  Not one based in reality, but an interesting take nonetheless.  The NRA went incommunicado because anything they could have said in the time immediate following the events would have illicited a backlash.  That politicians who had previously been given an "A" in the NRA's pro-gun vote marking scheme suddenly started saying things like 'nothing's off the table' is evidence of that.

The difference between their response here and their response to Columbine shows that they learned an important lesson and here it is:

One of their best talking points to cut off debate has always been that the immediate aftermath of a tragedy is a time for mourning and not the time to discuss gun control.  It's been a successful strategy - and, I'm sorry, the lefties are continually accused of this when the subect comes up but the conservatives always seem to get a pass when they have rushed in, gums flapping, spouting 2nd Amendment talking points.  This time, someone at the NRA finally clued in that issuing any kind of statement right away when emotions are running that high would hurt them.

Their eventual statement comes as the wave of grief has crested and has begun to subside and was well thought out and subdued.  Don't get me wrong, I despise the NRA, but they have been handling this right so far.

jpjohnsn said:
Well, that's an interesting take on the silence, I must admit.  Not one based in reality, but an interesting take nonetheless.  The NRA went incommunicado because anything they could have said in the time immediate following the events would have illicited a backlash.  That politicians who had previously been given an "A" in the NRA's pro-gun vote marking scheme suddenly started saying things like 'nothing's off the table' is evidence of that.

The difference between their response here and their response to Columbine shows that they learned an important lesson and here it is:

One of their best talking points to cut off debate has always been that the immediate aftermath of a tragedy is a time for mourning and not the time to discuss gun control.  It's been a successful strategy - and, I'm sorry, the lefties are continually accused of this when the subect comes up but the conservatives always seem to get a pass when they have rushed in, gums flapping, spouting 2nd Amendment talking points.  This time, someone at the NRA finally clued in that issuing any kind of statement right away when emotions are running that high would hurt them.

Their eventual statement comes as the wave of grief has crested and has begun to subside and was well thought out and subdued.  Don't get me wrong, I despise the NRA, but they have been handling this right so far.

Thanks for your opinion, which is what it is, 'your opinion'. Not much provable fact there.

And an extremely biased one at that, so highly suspect at best and easily discounted.

recceguy said:
Thanks for your opinion, which is what it is, 'your opinion'. Not much provable fact there.

And an extremely biased one at that, so highly suspect at best and easily discounted.
Easily discounted, eh?  Fair's fair; your assertion is no more provable than mine and clearly indicated an equal level of bias so sauce for the goose I guess.

I'm not any kind of anti-gun bleeding heart.  As a gun owner and a hunter myself, I still believe groups like the NRA and individuals like Ted Nugent do more harm to the perception of people like me than anything.  And in Canada, the fact that the majority of the people in the country aren't gun owners - or even seen one up close, and have been successfully brainwashed to think guys like me are one bad day from being Kimveer Gill, I don't need those the NRA doing to the firearm debate what Todd Akin did to the birth control debate.  Why they are playing to their base in the USA, they are undermining mine, here in Canada.

jpjohnsn said:
Easily discounted, eh?  Fair's fair; your assertion is no more provable than mine and clearly indicated an equal level of bias so sauce for the goose I guess.

I'm not any kind of anti-gun bleeding heart.  As a gun owner and a hunter myself, I still believe groups like the NRA and individuals like Ted Nugent do more harm to the perception of people like me than anything.  And in Canada, the fact that the majority of the people in the country aren't gun owners - or even seen one up close, and have been successfully brainwashed to think guys like me are one bad day from being Kimveer Gill, I don't need those the NRA doing to the firearm debate what Todd Akin did to the birth control debate.  Why they are playing to their base in the USA, they are undermining mine, here in Canada.

Paranoid too.

...and you're right. Mine wasn't an opinion, like yours. Mine was an observation. Thanks for noting the difference.

Ah the gun control debate, brings out the best in people.

In my opinion this incident should spark more debate about mental health care and the support/lack thereof in our countries.  I need to believe that the gun man suffered from some sort of disorder and that no rational or reasonable person would ever be capable of such a heinous act.  That professionals can more accurately identify warning signs and that the education system and the general populous as a whole can be taught to better recognize suspect behaviour.  Wether this kid had access to guns, knives or the internet to create an IED, I think he would have eventually found a way to hurt others.  So I say don't only look at taking the weapons out of the hands of those who may be deranged enough to use them to harm innocents, but also focus on treating people so they don't want to pick those weapons up in the first place.

i wish for strength, support and the ability to carry on for all those families and friends of the deceased.  I hope that all of the deceased are at peace.

Sales of bulletproof backpacks, kids' body armor by Utah company soar 500 percent following Connecticut shootings
By Joshua Rhett Miller December 19, 2012 FoxNews.com
Article Link

Sales for bulletproof backpacks and child-sized body armor manufactured by a Utah company have increased 500 percent since last week’s shooting massacre at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook Elementary, company officials said.

Derek Williams, director of sales and marketing for Amendment II, said Wednesday that the Salt Lake City-based firm has seen “incredible demand” for its pint-sized products that feature lightweight armor called RynoHide.

“We’ve seen incredible demand, sales have gone up 500 percent for those particular products,” Williams said. “It’s just gone through the roof.”

The backpacks, which retail for as little as $300, will stop a bullet fired from a .357 Magnum and feature an armor component that weighs just 10 ounces, Williams said. He declined to discuss specific sales figures.

“It’s so lightweight, it only adds 10 ounces to their backpack,” the father of six told FoxNews.com. “Would this armor have helped the kids in Connecticut? We don’t know, but any armor is better than no armor.”
More on link

According to this article (and a live blog on The Newtown Patch), the protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church didn't show up.

Well, this angle didn't take long to pop up ....
Adam Lanza aspired to be a Marine, one of "the few, the proud."

Failing that, he planned to join another branch of the military.

That is what he told his mother Nancy Lanza, his biggest cheerleader, and that is what she relayed to one of her closest friends, Ellen Adriani of Sandy Hook.

At first, Nancy Lanza supported her youngest son's dream. She liked the idea that the military would give him purpose, a career path and structure to his life. But the more she thought about it, the more she saw a downside.

"It became overwhelmingly clear to her that it [military service] wasn't right for him," Adriani said. "She squashed" any notion of Adam joining the Marines or any branch of the armed services by reminding him "that he didn't like to be touched," said Adriani, and that if he were injured "doctors and medics would have to handle him to treat him." ....
Like THIS made the difference .... :facepalm:

PMedMoe said:
According to this article (and a live blog on The Newtown Patch), the protesters from the Westboro Baptist Church didn't show up.
First intelligent thing they've accomplished that I've heard of.  :eek:

There is evidence of a coverup in the sandyhooks shooting.

-a coroner's reporter showing adam died the day before the shooting was posted online
-the police radio scanner recordings clearly mention multiple shooters, as well as some of these shooters being captured 'alive' at the time...
-adam lanza was found with only hand guns on him, and the reports are that the shootings were done by a rifle - there was a rifle found in a car -said to be adam lanza's, but bloggers have checked the licence plate and found the ACTUAL owners of the vehicle the weapon was found in, and their names, and criminal records, as well as showing the media changing their story on this and lying about the details

some people suggest there are ties and similarities between the batman movie shooter case (where there is a direct connection to psyops and the LIBOR scandal) and what happened in the sandy hooks case, ie similar modus operandi , see matt taibbi's articles for some good 'mainstream media' reports on the LIBOR banking corruption scandal 

I've been trying to verify the information that i've seen; these are the things that seemed to have the strongest evidence and were the most compelling that I saw... there is a list of 'unanswered questions' that was circulating on the internet that shows some inconsistencies in this case when examined, although there were some errors in it (people suggested they felt it was better to share information quickly rather than wait to critically analyze every one of these questions first).

the doctrine of 'order out of chaos', (Create a)problem-reaction-solution (that people creating the problem want), or the 'shock doctrine' as naomi klein explores in depth in her book and the documentary based on the book which is free to watch online, if taken as modus operandi, could very well appear here, as much political action is being taken based on these events. So not to take the reality of the seriousness of this event lightly, personally I think it warrants a deeper look through less traditional channels.

So the first responders shot the children in the school?

You are so far out of your lane it isnt even funny. Of course the radios and statements made at the time are contrary- those are based on a situation with moving parts where people are seeing and hearing different things. Hundreds of people calling in "tips" at once and people stepping over the bodies trying to find if there is only one shooter or more than one.

Maybe someday you should risk some skin off your ass and see what its like afterwards for you.

maikeru333 said:
There is evidence of a coverup in the sandyhooks shooting.

Any links to back your conspiracy claim?  :Tin-Foil-Hat:

Container said:
You are so far out of your lane it isnt even funny.

Agreed.  ::)

Back