• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LFRR Forums Back Online

Brad Sallows

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/Army/forum/forum/

It is the army's bulletin board, with new software, and open only to support LFRR discussion at this time.

For some reason, I can't complete the registration for the forum.  When I click on the link they send to my email, the following message appears...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'M_STRTIMEADJUST', table 'ArmyApp_Forums.dbo.FORUM_MEMBERS'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

/Army/forum/forum/register.asp, line 193

Anyone has any ideas on what I can do about it???  ???

Same thing for me...drop a line to the administrator over email.

I have posted a note and link to this thread over at the board site. Wait out.

Hello Everyone! ...Jason Beaudoin here...

I've contacted the group that admnisters the servers for the Army.gc.ca site and I've told them to correct the problem with the forum database. They are hot and cold when it comes to acting on my requests, so I don't know how long it will take to correct the registration problem.

The reason why this problem exists is because we "upsized" the forum database from Access to SQL. We did this because Access is a notoriously poor performer. For example, Access can handle around 255 transactions per second, and SQL can handle around 76,000 per second. So it's a significant improvement on performance. Also, the Jet Drivers that run Access databases withold memory everytime a person accesses the database; this eventually leads to complete system crashes.

Anyway, I hope to have this problem resolved today.

Hi again.

I got the forums running again. We had to revert back to using an Access database because there were too many issues with trying to upsize to SQL. We will eventually upsize, but not at this time.

For those of you who tried to register, I'm afraid that you'll have to do the process all over again. Since we are going with the old database, we are starting from scratch.

BTW, for those of you who are registering, please make sure that you provide a real name. This is a policy that was enforced by Major Peters for accountability purposes.

Thanks for posting this Brad. I just saw this. Sorry I didn't get a chance to post this myself but  I haven't been around. I've been wrapped up in the CLS change of command and another priority. I want to get the ball rolling on that forum again and so after doing all my catch up work tomorrow, I'll get things going on the LFRR forum on Monday.

Sweet...looks like the site is down.

Oh well, who needs it - we have Army.ca.... :D

LOL I know. Go figure. As soon as I make my post I go over there only to find out it's not working.

Back