• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran Super Thread- Merged

Iraq needs to take lessons from KSA on feigning outrage while continuing to get billions of dollars in support from Uncle Sam.

This kind of bullshit posturing really pissed me off.

Iraq as a sovereign nation was almost brought to it knees because a foreign power (ISIS) was allowed to foment within Syria and Iraq, and it was only the intervention of western powers that brought Iraq back from the brink of disaster.

Now, another malignant foreign power, this time Iran, has been allowed to spread and fester throughout Iraq and the Levant. So, I'm sorry Iraq, do you want the West's help to prevent this from boiling over into another hostile takeover from within, or do you want to become a vassal for the Iranian regime?

Iraq had two+ problems, a Shiite milita that was aligned with Iranian interests and a Sunni population that was awaiting retribution. Nobody expected the Baathists and Islamic nutbars to make peace and work together like they did and to be fair ISIS did a excellent job in neutering the elite before even coming out. Coupled with Shiite power groups duking it out, trying to curry and reject Iranian influence at the same time, Shiites distrust and hatred to Sunni's and vis versa. Along with trying to suppress Kurdish nationalism, it was one messy bowel of poop.

I don’t think that the power vacuum that Darsh emerged into was always there. How long has it been since Iraq has a sovereign, relatively stable (if awful) government? What happened to it?

Iraqis may have a somewhat different perspective on what they owe the west and what they ought to be grateful for.

Back