• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hope Neil Young remembers, Spotify don't want him around anyhow

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Sometimes Karma comes in for the Grand Slam. I feel some sort of perverse satisfaction when an intolerant, egotistical entertainer of the Woken Left cancels themselves.🤣

Spotify to remove Neil Young's songs after Joe Rogan ultimatum​

Young reportedly posted a letter that read: 'They can have Rogan or Young. Not both'​

We regret Neil’s decision to remove his music from Spotify, but hope to welcome him back soon," he said.😆

I got crucified on a classic rock forum for saying he was being an idiot. Not for pulling his music, but his quote which was roughly, "I don't care about money, its the morality". I said it's pretty easy to take the high ground when you have more then you can ever spend, and if 'the money didn't matter" then take his 150 million music catalog payout and give to bands that can't afford to take their music off the platform.

Youda' thunk I shot his Grandma.....

I got crucified on a classic rock forum for saying he was being an idiot. Not for pulling his music, but his quote which was roughly, "I don't care about money, its the morality". I said it's pretty easy to take the high ground when you have more then you can ever spend, and if 'the money didn't matter" then take his 150 million music catalog payout and give to bands that can't afford to take their music off the platform.

Youda' thunk I shot his Grandma.....
I went on FB and posted something similar. A few people admired him for this cause he doesn't like Joe Rogan. Tough tittie Neil.

I don't admire Neil because he lives in California, doesn't pay taxes here and has the temerity to tell us peasants how we should live. AND how we should make our living. F8CK him and the Crazy Horse he rode in on.

Apple didn't take long to jump on Neil Young's music... I doubt it will bring them the listeners Spotify picked up with Joe Rogan though.

I don't admire Neil because he lives in California,

I don't follow his musical career, but I admire anyone who lives where it is warm. :)

I think he left Canada a long time ago.

From his Wiki bio,

Young has been outside Canada since 1967. After becoming successful, he bought properties in California.

He is apparently a U.S. citizen.

Is it just me, or is it slightly weird that musicians that would have been considered “anti-establishment” in the 1960s, are taking positions on public health?
May - or may not - have something to do with the fact Joni and Neil had polio? 🤷‍♂️

Is it just me, or is it slightly weird that musicians that would have been considered “anti-establishment” in the 1960s, are taking positions on public health?

I think in some ways we are seeing a big switch as the the left becomes authoritarian and the right becomes more liberal.

This is a great example. These two would have campaigned for freedom of expression years ago, buy now they want to muzzle speech they don't agree with.

This may - or may not - be of interest,

Yup, don't care. I don't listen to her either. Trying to get her name back out there after 20 years.

Rogan has a $100 million deal with Spotify. According to The Washington Post, experts claim that 11 million people actively listen to Joe and account for the vast majority of his 200 million monthly downloads.

He's not going anywhere.

I bought an old rocker at a yard sale. Cost me $20 bucks. He says his name is Sammy Hagar.

I think in some ways we are seeing a big switch as the the left becomes authoritarian and the right becomes more liberal.

This is a great example. These two would have campaigned for freedom of expression years ago, buy now they want to muzzle speech they don't agree with.
The power dynamic has shifted, and the left now run the institutions, with the right left on the outside. It's a lot harder to be anti-establishment when you are the establishment.

May - or may not - have something to do with the fact Joni and Neil had polio? 🤷‍♂️

This. Says a lot about people who constantly posts covid/vaccine misinformation and laughs at/ridicules someone who contracted a disease before vaccine was available trying to fight misinformation.

This. Says a lot about people who constantly posts covid/vaccine misinformation and laughs at/ridicules someone who contracted a disease before vaccine was available trying to fight misinformation.
You and MM are fucking hilarious.🤣 Talk about tangents. What kind of ridiculous reach is that? Neil Young had polio (who knew) so you can't make fun of a stupid career choice? I know what you're trying to say, but to go that route to attack someone borders on insane infatuation.

And once more, I'm anti mandate, not anti vax. I was probably jabbed before either of you. Quit insulting my intelligence.

BTW, did you see the footage of the clandestine planes and camera footage of the crews moving unvaxxed Illegals around the US? Just hit the news a couple of days ago. You're welcome.

Joe Rogan has interesting people on and interviews them. That's about the long and the short of it. If you think he's more than that you don't listen too him and you probably believe got over COVID with tractor supply IV.

He had a spearfishing Canadian woman on a couple days, fantastic interview.

I don't get the hate for him. He was prescribed IV along with the "kitchen sink" of other meds and got over COVID fast. He told his story. Top notch medical help and having kept himself in good shape. That's what got him over it.

Love him or hate him he's running rough shod over the established media and outstripping their viewership but full multiples.

And the established media is to blame. They have made themselves beholden to lobbyists and have been found repeatedly to be lieing.

Back