• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Global Warming/Climate Change Super Thread

170 billion barrels can't be wrong ;)

Canada has the third-largest proven oil reserve in the world, most of which is in the oil sands​

Proven oil reserves are reserves that are known to exist and that are recoverable under current technological and economic conditions.

Total Canadian proven oil reserves are estimated at 171.0 billion barrels, of which 166.3 billion barrels are found in Alberta's oil sands and an additional 4.7 billion barrels in conventional, offshore, and tight oil formations. Canada accounts for 10% of the world’s proven oil reserves.

It seems the Liberals are finally turning around, both for O&G and Nuclear.

Messaging changed rather suddenly last week with Freeland talking about the need to sustain our transition to renewables while also investing in O&G to supply our European allies.

Last edited:

Messaging changed rather suddenly last week with Freeland talking about the need to sustain our transition to renewables while also investing in O&G to supply our European allies.
When I saw that I thought two things. Freeland making space between her and Trudeau. And second did she get the go ahead from her real bosses?

When I saw that I thought two things. Freeland making space between her and Trudeau.

Yup. She’s on orders…and not from inside Canada (not China, just to be clear). Trudeau et Cie. know better than to anger the elephant…they’ve likely been left alone to dabble in their milquetoast sunny ways echo chamber.

Freeland is probably the US’s ‘trusted agent’ at this point.

And second did she get the go ahead from her real bosses?
The US? ;) Not so much ‘go ahead’ as ‘sort your self out and get on board!’

*edit for spelling

Last edited:

And the oil will totes be pouring through trans mountain, as promised by Altair and several others.

Yup. She’s on order…and not from inside Canada (not China, just to be clear). Trudeau et Cie. know better than to anger the elephant…they’ve likely been left alone to dabble in their milquetoast sunny ways echo chamber.

Free land is probably the US’s ‘trusted agent’ at this point.

Freeland's O&G coming out does appear to coincide with Biden's recent statement, dated 19 October 22, in which he says: ''Secondly, we need to responsibly increase American oil production without delaying or deferring our transition to clean energy. ''

The Financial Post article, dated 14 October 22, cites Freeland's comments made within the week in Washington, DC.

It's probable Canada was let on to the American plan and allowed to make its announcement first.

Yup. She’s on order…and not from inside Canada (not China, just to be clear). Trudeau et Cie. know better than to anger the elephant…they’ve likely been left alone to dabble in their milquetoast sunny ways echo chamber.

Free land is probably the US’s ‘trusted agent’ at this point.

It wouldn't surprise me if Klaus Schwab and the WEF have also had a change of heart - It's likely to get cold in Geneva too this winter.

It wouldn't surprise me if Klaus Schwab and the WEF have also had a change of heart - It's likely to get cold in Geneva too this winter.
I did want to say the name of the boss but I doubt he had a change of heart....just regrouping.

They are still not opening new lands or permits....it all talk at this point

Again I tell myself Hanlon razor everyday.....its getting very hard by the day.

I did want to say the name of the boss but I doubt he had a change of heart....just regrouping.

They are still not opening new lands or permits....it all talk at this point

Again I tell myself Hanlon razor everyday.....its getting very hard by the day.

I don't know that Klaus is anybody's boss. I just put him in the "known associates" column and he seems to have a lot of friends in influential positions that appear to have similarities in their outlooks.

The institution seems to be turning.

I'm pretty sure he has quite a nice little boat parked and idling somewhere warmer than Geneva in January.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
View attachment 74727

BALKANGREENENERGYNEWS.COM
Wind farm in Germany is being dismantled to expand coal mine
A wind farm in Germany is being taken down to expand the Garzweiler lignite mine and maintain the security of electricity supply.

Animated GIF

Freeland's O&G coming out does appear to coincide with Biden's recent statement, dated 19 October 22, in which he says: ''Secondly, we need to responsibly increase American oil production without delaying or deferring our transition to clean energy. ''

The Financial Post article, dated 14 October 22, cites Freeland's comments made within the week in Washington, DC.

It's probable Canada was let on to the American plan and allowed to make its announcement first.
Careful. If you try make a point, of the massive amount of parallels between the libs and the dems, you might get labelled a heretic. :LOL:

Well, so much for the wishful thinking of the earnest young fellow I once heard to utter "Germany can get all its power from wind and solar now!"

Back