• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FTSE Eligibility

devsnrnco

Inactive
Reaction score
I know that members are guaranteed FTSE in their first 4 years of service. I have seen many people around the country getting on FTSE even after 4 years of service. All the literature I'm finding online seems to insist it's only during the first 4 years.

Does anyone know where I can find more info on this? I tried searching national.mil.ca from my DND laptop but couldn't find any governing documents, nor the CANFORGEN that would have been issued when FTSE was first launched.

Isn't the plan to stop offering FTSE and let the final years run out for those who were promised it?

Essentially it is guaranteed for 4 years, because that's the average to get fully qualified. After that you aren't rolled under FTSE if going on courses and taskings. Do not worry, if you are looking for work, the CaF will find it for you.

After 4 years you can be employed in support of FTSE such as instructing on BMQ in the summer, often these people are mistakenly identify as FTSE.

Back