• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Food, MRE‘s

scm77

Inactive
Reaction score
I was wondering about the food in the army. While garrison, is the food free, is it any good? While deployed on say a peacekeeping operation, is the food in camp any good? What sorts of food are in MRE‘s?

wwell I can answer all of it.... 1. a) no you pay for it it comes out of your pay every month. b)It‘s as good as the base your on and how many they cook for 2) not bad for mass produced but that isn;t saying much 3) all sorts non of it any good ever!

I‘m betting most of the Reg guys on here will agree with my post have a good one guys!

First off, in Canada we don‘t have Meals Rejected By Ethiopians, we have IMP‘s... they consist basically of an entree, a dessert, coffee/tea, a cold beverage, and snack (gum with breakfast, chocolate bar with lunch, and cookies with dinner). It‘s generally not bad food, actually... some things aren‘t great but individual tastes vary.

As for on the base... The food at the BARFF (Base All-Ranks Feeding Facility) is varied and generally not bad at all at Gagetown, at least.

Borden‘s food is quite good. A friend once complained that he had a bit of egg shell in his breakfast but I mentioned that it just proved they weren‘t powdered :)

Redeye said:
============
The food at the BARFF (Base All-Ranks Feeding Facility)
============

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :eek: :D :D :D

Borden‘s food is good cause the cook school is there. Petawawa‘s food is also really good. But Meaford‘s food....oh my....everything tastes the same. Even the juice tastes like crap. I feel sorry for those reg force SQ‘s stuck up there. They have to eat that swill every **** day. Poor guys (and girls). :fifty:

I stayed at Pet last year as I was visiting the sparkling metropolis of Petawawa...Breakfast, at least (since I had no other meals there) was phenomenal. Staff behind the counter were like any normal cafeteria, with a higher proportion of people who actually seemed to give a **** about the work they were doing.

Pancakes and bacon and eggs, oh my! And a nice looking (F) cook in Navy whites. Very nice. ;)

"I was wondering about the food in the army. While garrison, is the food free, is it any good? While deployed on say a peacekeeping operation, is the food in camp any good? What sorts of food are in MRE‘s?"

Read the FAQ you. Under food. Before posting any such questions. I get grumpy when ppl post questions w/out reading the bloody FAQ first.

One thing I noticed was that a mess hall with a large proportion of Navy cooks seemed to have much better food.

Tell me they still have those lovely "mini sizzler" sausages for breakfast. They had to be the best food out -- and the hardest for some cook to mess up. Best when served in the hayboxes -- grab a handful and stick them in the pockets of your coat. Find them a week later and enjoy them again.

Neil

I‘n my own limited experience I‘ve found its all relative. Meaford food sucks untill you hit the field and eat IMPs... then when you get back you feel like you‘re eating in a gourmet restaurant!!!

I get grumpy when ppl post questions w/out reading the bloody FAQ first.
I get grumpy when ppl are too lazy to spell out "people". Yes, there is etiquette on this board that should be adhered to, but don‘t be looking for other people‘s faults before you sort out your own. :crybaby:

I apologise, I won‘t tell anyone if I‘m grumpy, lol :p .
Oh well.
Fusaki, you don‘t like abbreviations? You don‘t take too fondly to the army then I guess eh?
I do hope that you realise that you should be grumpy with yourself as well right now...
haha, o my

Yeah but Fusaki can only count to 11 (at least without untieing his boots)

I liked the food at Yukon Galley in Trenton. They make most of the food right in front of you, and they had carpeted floors!!!! The pasta bar is superb. And there is always something good to eat. Lots and lots of options.

I‘ve been around most places east of Edmonton garrison, and Trenton‘s Yukon lodge gets my vote for the best food.

Do you know what the toughest course QL 3 Course in the military is?......

Back