• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

False allegations from Iran: Jews to wear Insignia in public

They do what they do to make money, sell papers, get people to watch their shows or whatever other medium they are. 

They did run an apology on the story today allbe it on page two.  Hmmp not on the front page?  Apologies don't sell papers.

On reading the apology on page 2 I noticed that all the sources cited were contacted were secondary ones and most had no presence in the government of Iran. Furthermore the editors decided to run the story before a reply had been received from the Iranian Embassy. To paraphrase Don Cherry, 'Kids, don't ever, ever think that secondary sources are reliable, especially if they have an agenda."

While there are a lot of "told you so's" and mela cupas in the media and blogosphere, one reason the story got as much traction as it did without verification was the fact that this sort of behavior is not outside the boundries of the already documented statements and behaviour of the Iranian government.

Imagine if the headline was "Arsonist caught with Fireworks". Would you find that headline strange or extraordinary?

We can hope that there was not a grain of truth in the story, and hope even more the Iranian people will settle their accounts with the Theocracy and Revolutionary Guard sooner rather than later, but I expect there will be similar stories coming from Iran in the future.

You are right majoor, with Iran nothing they could say would really suprise me.  That country does not know what the right hand is doing while looking at their left.

That is still no excuse for a major Western paper with resources and credibility on the line printing a story before verifying the story.  That is the mistake made here.  And now Canada and Harper will have to face the music for its "free enterprise" papers who instead of telling the truth/fact, run with a rumour or second hand information.

That is still no excuse for a major Western paper with resources and credibility on the line printing a story before verifying the story.  That is the mistake made here.  And now Canada and Harper will have to face the music for its "free enterprise" papers who instead of telling the truth/fact, run with a rumour or second hand information.

Personally, I don't think it is really isn't that big a deal.  Harper basically responded to the article basically saying that if the story is true (notice the conditional), he wouldn't be surprised, which is pretty much the same thing we're all saying.

Granted, the story isn't strongly fact based, but I don't think it ever truly claimed to be in the first place. 

Well, anyway, I think we've beaten this horse to death, eh? 

I guess the reason I have taken to defending this particular article is because I have noticed quite a lot of disdain for the press throughout posts on this forum.  Personally, I tend to think that much of this cynicism and disdain towards the press is taken a bit too far.

Well, I would think they would not bomb Iran because of the oils but then again I could be wrong.  It's sick though, it definetly sounds like Nazis with Nukes.  Something will happen soon, no doubt, my question is, what will Canada do?

i'd think Nazi with Nukes is a far fetch for Iran, at least there is a large Jewish group in Iran that actually support the nuclear program! Iran Nukes will be really nothing but self defense because no matter how crazy you are, you wouldn't want to hit Israel with 2-3 nukes just to get hit back with 20-30 nukes! Even Pakistan and India understood this concept long time ago.

What we want to do is ensure these nukes don't get in the hand of criminals and terrorists who'll not hesist to use it for their own self pleasing purposes!

tamouh said:
i'd think Nazi with Nukes is a far fetch for Iran, at least there is a large Jewish group in Iran that actually support the nuclear program! Iran Nukes will be really nothing but self defense because no matter how crazy you are, you wouldn't want to hit Israel with 2-3 nukes just to get hit back with 20-30 nukes! Even Pakistan and India understood this concept long time ago.

What we want to do is ensure these nukes don't get in the hand of criminals and terrorists who'll not hesist to use it for their own self pleasing purposes!

And how do you do that.  Hell Russia is having a hard time keeping count of their nuclear leftovers right now and they are a more likely target for internal terrorist then the US.  I think this is a problem that has to be snipped before it gets a chance to come to a head, kinda like a boil.  But then how do you do that?  Through arms or through political pressure? or something a little more sneaky?

Came across this gem while surfing.  It was on the RAWA site "Revolutionary Association for Women of Afghanistan".  Fighting for women's rights since 1977 and a well respected and connected association of the Left.

It was found amongst a list of the restrictions imposed on women in Afghanistan by the Taliban.

- Non-Muslim minorities must distinct badge or stitch a yellow cloth onto their dress to be differentiated from the majority Muslim population. Just like what did Nazis with Jews.

http://www.rawa.org/rules.htm

Scroll to the bottom of the list.

I believe lawyers might suggest that this goes to show a pattern of behaviour.

Cheers.

I suspect that a group had presented a draft law including these clauses, but even they knew it would create a sh*t storm with the local population and it is stalled or withdrawn. Of course since they don't release much information it's hard to confirm one way or another. Also have read that the Jews there keep a low profile and work hard not to antagonize the government, for oblivious reasons

The day Jews in Iran wear the star of David is the day that Persians wear their own insignia in every nation.

Back