• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Engineering

M

mony

Hello,

I am a recent graduate in Mech engineering opt Aerospace engineering. I just passed my interview for the military and I am awaiting the selection board which should be held in October if I am not mistaken. I need some advice. my choices are as follows:

1. Aerospace Eng (AirForce)
2. Airfield Eng       (AirForce)
3. Mech Eng (ARMY)

My hope are obviously to get into my domain: Aerospace Eng.   ;D

Now here is my dilemma:   My second choice more of a Civil Eng than a Mechanical one. I chose them as such that if I don't obtain my first choice I will remain in the AirForce and one day reapply and switch to Aerospace Eng. To your knowledge is this possible? Also last time I checked they were in need of engineers in general. Does anyone know about Aerospace Eng in particular.

Thank   You!

There were 11 (at least, thats what I was told, and I've read it elsewhere on this site) Aerospace Engineers selected at the last selection board.  The CF is in need of Engineering Officers, but getting selected is still competitive. 

It is possible, but there are no assurances you will be able to get an occupation transfer.  If you find yourself in an occupation that is under strength, it will be very hard to switch.  You would be better to select occupations you are interested in.

It may also reassure you to know that the colour of your uniform will not preclude you from any occupation if you do decide to seek occupation transfer later (meaning you can go from an Army occupation to an Air occupation).  It may also interest you to know that the Airfield Engineer training includes the Common Army Phase (meaning you will not avoid any hard army training in this occupation).

11 for Canada???? Do you know how many applications were considered?

hoser said:
There were 11 (at least, thats what I was told, and I've read it elsewhere on this site) Aerospace Engineers selected at the last selection board. 
Maybe you should think twice about giving information you are unsure of.

I think I provided a more than suitable disclaimer.  I was told that by a Lt. (N) at the Recruiting Centre, and I read that same number here posted by someone else (I believe it was Casing).  Because I'm basing it on my memory, and the CFRC's have given out inaccurate numbers in the past, I refuse to say that without a disclaimer.

McG said:
hoser said:
There were 11 (at least, thats what I was told, and I've read it elsewhere on this site) Aerospace Engineers selected at the last selection board.  
Maybe you should think twice about giving information you are unsure of.
I was told definitively by my recruiting officer that 11 offers for AERE were given.   Always a possibility that he was wrong, but the number seems reasonable to me and I don't have any reason to doubt it.  But, as hoser indicated, information provided by the CFRC isn't infallible.

Back