• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DOTP

Sarah65

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey All,

I was wondering if there was someone else applying to the Dental Office Training Program this year? I just wrote my CFAT, and was told that my application will be paused until I hear back from the dental schools I applied to with an unconditional acceptance. Dalhousie and Alberta both send off their responses around late June - I was also told that it might be too late by then, and that any consideration for the DOTP would be for after fall.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? I can't control when I receive news from the universities, but was under the impression that I would go through all the steps (medical check, physical check, interview) up until actually receiving an offer. At least that would help me stay on track for fall acceptance?

Unless this is because my CFAT scores were too low and they weren't anticipating an acceptance?

Hey there!

Thank you!

I emailed the recruiter but I was told it was highly unlikely that I’d receive an offer :/. I’m a little disappointed since it’s out of my control. I’ll still try to push my application forward.

I joined the group though! Thanks for the link!

Hey there!

Thank you!

I emailed the recruiter but I was told it was highly unlikely that I’d receive an offer :/. I’m a little disappointed since it’s out of my control. I’ll still try to push my application forward.

I joined the group though! Thanks for the link!
Hey!
So, 1. I know this is late, and I am not a dental officer, and i don't work in recruiting.. But i did recently get enrolled for paid ed for Physical Therapy.
I wouldn't count yourself out just because the guy at recruiting said no... I applied in May of 2021 when i got my acceptance letter, and they took a year and a half to process the app. During that time i had recruitment say that i would never get paid ed because the time window was too short etc. But a year later i got the call... and my final year of school is paid. SO.. don't count yourself out.

You can always join in another trade and then remuster when dent tech comes available. It's often easier to work within the system.

I'm not sure where you live, but there a Reserve Field Ambulance in Ottawa that is always looking for people.

Back