• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Does every file go to Borden, or to your chosen reserve unit?

M

Mike_NavRes

Hey guys,
I just finished my CFAT, interview and medical test a few days ago.  The CFAT was passed, I was offered a condition employment, then I took my interview and the Military Career Counsellor said I would be a great candidate for my trade choice, then I went for my medical and the doctor said i was healthy, wrote a bunch of notes on my file (good ones I hope), and told me to book my physical test.  So I have my physical test in the first week of April.  My question would be once the physical test is completed and passed (dont want to be over-confident!!lol), does my completed file hop on a mail truck to Borden for approval?  Or can I take a sigh of relief because I also heard since everything looked like I passed, it gets sent directly to my chosen reserve unit, bypassing Borden, and I just then wait to be sworn in?

Thank you guys for answering,

Mike

I don't know for sure but I do know that my medical and everything else was a pass and it still went to Borden. I had to wait 3 weeks and it was back. When it arrived back, I got a call from my recruiter saying that it was received and that I was merit listed for my chosen MOC.

Bojangles

I understand there's a Chief Medical officer at borden, whose function seems to be approving and double-checking applicants

Mike_NavRes said:
Hey guys,
I just finished my CFAT, interview and medical test a few days ago.   The CFAT was passed, I was offered a condition employment, then I took my interview and the Military Career Counsellor said I would be a great candidate for my trade choice, then I went for my medical and the doctor said i was healthy, wrote a bunch of notes on my file (good ones I hope), and told me to book my physical test.   So I have my physical test in the first week of April.   My question would be once the physical test is completed and passed (dont want to be over-confident!!lol), does my completed file hop on a mail truck to Borden for approval?   Or can I take a sigh of relief because I also heard since everything looked like I passed, it gets sent directly to my chosen reserve unit, bypassing Borden, and I just then wait to be sworn in?

Thank you guys for answering,

Mike

Your medical file is already on its way to Borden and if you pass your PT then you will be enrolled.  If something comes up with your medical later on you will be released.

Hey kincanucks is this new? The whole pass your PT test and get enrolled before your Medical comes Back?????

B.McTeer said:
Hey kincanucks is this new? The whole pass your PT test and get enrolled before your Medical comes Back?????

It is only for the reserves and it has been in place since last Jun.  If you are applying reserve and the med tech thinks you are good to go medically you can take your PT and if you pass that and everything else you can be enrolled.  Meanwhile, your medical still goes to Borden and still is assessed and if something comes up you could be released.  You can be released because you have sign a statement of understanding stating that you will be released if anything pre-enrolment medical comes up.  This procedure does not apply if you are required to supply med info.

I did my PT before my Medical, like a month before my medical. Then again i think i was on the old program. well thx anyways

How many applicants who have passed the CFAT, interview and approved by the medic, take the PT test and pass, become enrolled, THEN find in a week or weeks later that they have to be released due to a medical problem??  Sounds like a horrible way to end the recruiting process and their chance to be in the Candian Forces!!!  I wonder what is the percentage of recruits this scenario happens to?  If I was to be medically rejected, I sure hope that letter arrives before my PT test so I dont have a false sense that my dream came true!!

Thanks for reading,

Mike

<shakes his head>  wondering why he does this job.

It happens to very few.  The reserves asked for this process and they got.

Mike,

As mentioned by other posts, the number of people who are released because of a problem with their medical is miniscule when measured against the number of overall files. While this is no consolation to someone who might find themselves in that situation, it would appear to me that it is a reasonable risk worth taking.

Thanks guys for answering so fast.

Army.ca is by far the best place to obtain information fast, and usually accurate.  Thanks.

Back