• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

City-state provinces in Canada? Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver

Jarnhamar said:
Empire Toronto.

Jarnhamar, keep calling Toronto an "empire".

I'll keep reminding you that the "empire" has to go grovelling to Queen's Park with hat in hand to beg permission every time they wish to install a speed bump on a city street.

As for Toronto Police, as the largest municipal police service in Canada,  and third largest police force in Canada after the RCMP and OPP, I have no doubt they get their share of compliments and complaints.

Perhaps the example of this fraud detective attempting to (and succeeding in) ruining this fellows chances at election eludes to, or day I say it explains, why the red fortress is so impenetrable.

Jarnhamar said:
Perhaps the example of this fraud detective attempting to (and succeeding in) ruining this fellows chances at election eludes to,

The link you posted states, "The allegations have not been tested in court."

Until then, "All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law."

In fact, it's not actually a criminal case.

It's a civil lawsuit by Mr. Gahunia regarding an election in Brampton, ON. Not Toronto.

Jarnhamar said:
, or day I say it explains, why the red fortress is so impenetrable.

Or dare I say, you didn't seem to mind when Team Blue halved the number of Wards in Canada's largest city - aka the "Red Empire or impenetrable Fortress" - , less than 24 hours after winning election - despite not mentioning the plan to do so during the campaign,
How Toronto's city council size compares to other cities
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=1590081;topic=124115.125

mariomike said:
The link you posted states, "The allegations have not been tested in court."

Along with the rest of the sentence

though many of the facts are based on a report issued in January by Ontario’s Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD).

Besides the fact it hasn't been tested in court doesn't remove the perceived threat of the Toronto police unethically or illegally accessing and giving away (selling?) your personal information.

In fact, it's not actually a criminal case.
So? 

It's a civil lawsuit by Mr. Gahunia regarding an election in Brampton, ON. Not Toronto.

It's a civil lawsuit against the Toronto police about the actions of Toronto police officers.  For what appears to be political motives.

Or dare I say, you didn't seem to mind

Why make this personal and about me?

halved the number of Wards in Canada's largest city - aka the "Red Empire or impenetrable Fortress"
Let's not forget to bring Ford, Ford, Harper, Scheer and Trump into the topic.

Jarnhamar said:
Perhaps the example of this fraud detective attempting to (and succeeding in) ruining this fellows chances at election eludes to, or day I say it explains, why the red fortress is so impenetrable.

While the individual who hoped to become the PC candidate may have been popular and well known in his area, it is not a given that he would have won the election to the Ontario Legislature.  The Brampton Centre riding that he hoped to contend was eventually won by the NDP.  So, is it really a red fortress or an orange fortress?  However, the race was very close; less than a hundred votes separated the winning NDP candidate from the second place PC candidate with a third place Liberal about 7,000 votes further back.  As this riding was only created in 2018 from parts of three now dissolved ridings, the past voting profile is not readily visible, however the MPPs who won those ridings in the previous election were Liberal, Liberal and NDP (Jagmeet Singh, who went on to do something else with the NDP).  What is apparent was a repudiation of Wynne's Liberal government.

The federal electoral riding of Brampton Centre (which essentially is the same) were won by Liberals handily in the last two elections.

The link you posted is not about "Empire Toronto or the impenetrable Red Fortress", as you call it.

It is about Brampton, ON politics.

It's not about Toronto Police either.

It's about one of its 7,400+ members. The case is still pending before the Toronto police disciplinary tribunal.

Worst they can do is fire her / him, ( or transfer to Scarborough ).

[quote author=mariomike]
The link you posted is not about "Empire Toronto or the impenetrable Red Fortress", as you call it.[/QUOTE]
It's about the people who enforce the empires law.

It's not about Toronto Police either.

It's about one of its 7,400+ members.

You mean at least two police officers and one civilian who mailed the info.

Thats if the detective (allegedly) acted on his own and wasn't doing this at the behest of someone else.

Whatever.

Says only one officer has been charged: "Det.-Const. Soon Lum’s case is still pending before the Toronto police disciplinary tribunal."

That's an HR, not a criminal charge.

Let us know if and when it ever makes it to the tribunal.

And when the would-be Brampton candidate gets his $12 million. 

Incidentally, not sure why you decided to post here rather than,

New Ontario Government 2018
https://army.ca/forums/threads/128488.0.html
11 pages.

This is Brampton politics. He wasn't running for election in "Empire Toronto or the impenetrable Red Fortress", as you call it.

mariomike said:
Whatever.

Did you just make me talk to your hand?!  ;D

Incidentally, not sure why you decided to post here rather than

Easy to explain my friend. This thread is about the "city state provinces" which Brampton is included since it's a part of the GTA.

What I feel I'm often reading here is that when it's convenient, some people include the GTA when talking about Toronto ie Toronto has over 6 million people!

When it's not convenient, Toronto only counts as the core city. Not those other cities.

This is Brampton politics. He wasn't running for election in "Empire Toronto or the impenetrable Red Fortress", as you call it.
You're right this was in the city of Brampton which is a part of the GTA, or Greater Toronto Area, which is often  synonymous with "Toronto". Or as I colloquially call it empire Toronto.

I'm not sure why you don't see a member of the Toronto police, a detective in the fraud department, aledgedly getting himself and others mixed up in this, with a view to what appears to be sabotaging a politician, as being something to do with Toronto.

I actually appreciate the contributions of you both to this site.... however...

... thank you for reaffirming that the non-military/security threads do nothing but drag down the quality of this site, and detract from military/security discussions.

ps - please keep the politics cartoon thread;  it keeps the some  folks occupied.

Journeyman said:
I actually appreciate the contributions of you both to this site.... however...

... thank you for reaffirming that the non-military/security threads do nothing but drag down the quality of this site, and detract from military/security discussions.

ps - please keep the politics cartoon thread;  it keeps the some  folks occupied.

As that is an opinion not necessarily shared by all viewers and/or contributors to this site, everyone is encouraged to participate in any topic they wish and as much as they feel comfortable doing so, provided they stay within site guidelines.

While this is, indeed, primarily a site dedicated to Canadian and international military defence issues, it’s vital that other topics of interest are presented as well in order to draw and maintain a variety of traffic here.

That being said, let’s try to avoid a topic/thread split and bet back to the point at which other users were participating in the discussion also.

Staff

Back