• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CIC application time.

JRouslton

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have applied to become a CIC officer with my local army cadet corps (2923 Exeter), and am currently a CV with the corps. We had a FTX this past weekend, and were discussing the process, and the CO was saying that with everything going on in the Reg Forces right now, that the process could take up to a year...

However, this Wednesday my references received their calls asking about me.

So, based on other's experiences, how long do you think the process will take?

Thank you,

Jonathon

How long is a piece of string?

In all fact, it varies just like the Pres/RegF. There are a variety of factors (credit, health, etc) as well as capacity issues at CFRC. I know the RCSU's now have more streamlined recruiting and thus the days of waiting year+ are gone. That said, it does depend on recruiting's volume. There's no real way to tell.  My most recent enrollee enrolled within 6 months.

My process took a while, but once CFRC got a hold of it, the only delay was they didn't have a interviewer trained to offer the CIC interview.

ArmySailor said:
How long is a piece of string?

In all fact, it varies just like the Pres/RegF. There are a variety of factors (credit, health, etc) as well as capacity issues at CFRC. I know the RCSU's now have more streamlined recruiting and thus the days of waiting year+ are gone. That said, it does depend on recruiting's volume. There's no real way to tell.  My most recent enrollee enrolled within 6 months.

My process took a while, but once CFRC got a hold of it, the only delay was they didn't have a interviewer trained to offer the CIC interview.

That is fair enough. Thank you for your response.  :D

Back