• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFHS CME - OTC testing

Armymedic

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
I completed our mandated OTC drug test for all Med Techs QL5- QL6a, and for nurses (apparently).

It was a 2 stage test consisting of two 75 question portions to be completed in 3 hrs each. One in the am, one in the pm.

Most questions were in SOAP format senario, and asked a question along the lines of "most appropriate treatment".

I found it long, but interseting. Definately gets you thinking clinically. And with only a few questions that are right out of it, like which of these medications are least likely to cause X symptoms.

have fun writing it.

1. What would you recommend as a review before someone attempted the test?

2. Was there anything you thought "came out of left field"?

OM

I recommend reviewing all the content in the CME package, including doing the post test on your own. Also know intamately your limitations as a QL5 med tech and what you are and are not allowed to give under varing circumstances.

I read thru the CME package, as well as the book Patient Self-Care. Bringing a CPS with you for the test as well as those two references will be all you need for the test, as it is open book.

one of the questions from left field (without giving away the answer) was about anti-emetics (like Gravol and Bromine) and which one of the 4 listed was least likely to cause drowsiness...

Those have to be the politest comments I've heard or uttered about that exam.  Most of us wrote it a few weeks ago here.  I'll just leave that at that.  Another hint - if you aren't very proficient at reading/interpreting or properly writing prescriptions, become so.

MM

The last info we were given in the reserves was a big Wait Out.  Nice of them to let us in on the little secret that it is out in its final form and ready for testing.

GF

Back