• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cfat

Kolby1992

Reaction score
I have a question about the CFAT test. I was wondering how many chances do you get to write the test? I was told 3 but I wanted to confirm with someone on here. If I fail it more then 3 times does that mean I can never join the armed forces? I’m kind of worried about the math part I haven’t done this kind of math since I was in high school almost 10 years Ago. I been doing lots of practice tests online and been doing ok at them but I was told the CFAT is actually harder. Any advice I could get to prepare for the test? Also .. what is the interview like for the armed forces ? I’m joining the reserves (infantry) I have no military background and my civilian job is in nursing.. so what I’m trying to ask is what types of questions are in the interview? I know somethings are confidential I’m just asking for a little bit of guidance for my first time. If anyone could help me out I’d greatly appreciate that.

Thanks

If you didn't qualify for the job you wanted on your first CFAT test you will be able to have 2 rewritten tests. I didn't qualify for my career path so what happened was that I was told that I have to study for 30 hours in total within the 30 day time period to retake the test and they would want you to record your progress using a blank piece of paper, microsoft excel, or microsoft word. I was handed a paper and I read that if I failed both my rewritten tests id have to do like a post secondary math course for the time being but since you said you are looking to get into infantry I believe you should be able to get in easily since they are always looking to get recruits into the infantry but I haven't asked them about that.

I have a question about the CFAT test. I was wondering how many chances do you get to write the test? I was told 3 but I wanted to confirm with someone on here. If I fail it more then 3 times does that mean I can never join the armed forces? I’m kind of worried about the math part I haven’t done this kind of math since I was in high school almost 10 years Ago. I been doing lots of practice tests online and been doing ok at them but I was told the CFAT is actually harder. Any advice I could get to prepare for the test?
The policy that deals with Waiver does give the ability for retests beyond the 2nd Level Retest (or 3rd attempt); however it starts off with "only in exceptional circumstances will a fourth administration of the CFAT be considered". Really you shouldn't think "oh I have 3 attempts at this". Try to do your best on the first attempt. Also just to clarify there is no "pass" or "fail" on the CFAT; different occupations require different levels on the CFAT so it's a situation of qualifying for the threshold of certain occupations. If you haven't done High School math in 10+ years I would definitely brush up before you write the CFAT.

I’m joining the reserves (infantry) I have no military background and my civilian job is in nursing.. so what I’m trying to ask is what types of questions are in the interview? I know somethings are confidential I’m just asking for a little bit of guidance for my first time. If anyone could help me out I’d greatly appreciate that.

The CAF asks the same types of questions as any employer does. Why do you want to join the organization? Why do you want to do that specific job (occupation)? How much do you know about the organization? How much do you know about that specific job (occupation) - i.e. job functions, training? Why do you feel you'd be a good fit into the organization (i.e. leadership, or just skills that match the job function you're wanting to do).

I’m joining the reserves (infantry) I have no military background and my civilian job is in nursing.
Nothing against the infantry here, so infantry peeps don't jump on me here ;-) But.... if you're an RN how come you're not looking at a Field Ambulance and joining as either a Nursing Officer or if you don't want to go officer, Medical Assistant? Whatever your decision; best of luck in your process.

Back