• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

canadian volunteers in ukraine

D

davedave

i apologise if this is not the correct placement for this thread.

is anyone in touch with canadians that volunteered to fight in ukraine? is there a warfighter that i would be able to communicate with or be directed to (social media) or is there a known mailing address that can be used to send care packages specifically to the canadian guys on the front line?

ive tried contacting a slew of embassies, the ukraine government, NGOs, and the three websites that ive found and have been directed to for the foreign/international legion to no avail.

That may be difficult given the level of security these people need to protect their identity. If anyone knows someone they sure shouldn't be handing out that info to strangers online. Did you try here?: Defend Ukraine They may be able to help.

thank you for the response

im aware of OPSEC being a factor along with embassies being leary of receiving packages as for all they know they could be receiving a bomb with improvised shrapnel disguised as a parcel.
i actually did try them they were one of the websites that i was referred to. i provided my information and stated my intent under the "notes" section and received an email stating that someone would be in touch with me within 72hrs. that 72hrs has since been exceeded. im assuming that they just shitcanned my information/application.

Unless you have a specific person, most places will not accept unlinked mail.

Best to donate via one of the websites.

i should have probably waited to inquire about this but...
it will take some time as i don't have much in the way of money but would anyone be willing to assist me with this in the future? i'll even send the package(s) to a CFB instead of a personal address to then be forwarded to where they need to go if that is even an option. honour system.
i want to have a part in the war effort and donating money doesn't leave me feeling as though i'm a part of it.
i'd fight but i don't possess the military or combat experience which is desired.
gofundme doesn't seem like a viable option for raising funds as it seems to have bleak results especially as people become more desensitised as the war progresses.

i should have probably waited to inquire about this but...
it will take some time as i don't have much in the way of money but would anyone be willing to assist me with this in the future? i'll even send the package(s) to a CFB instead of a personal address to then be forwarded to where they need to go if that is even an option. honour system.
i want to have a part in the war effort and donating money doesn't leave me feeling as though i'm a part of it.
i'd fight but i don't possess the military or combat experience which is desired.
gofundme doesn't seem like a viable option for raising funds as it seems to have bleak results especially as people become more desensitised as the war progresses.
Donating cash is the single most effective way most of us can contribute to most things. What could we buy here and ship that they couldn’t acquire within Ukraine or neighbouring European countries, likely much more inexpensively? Cash also allows them to determine what their greatest needs are, and can be bundled to purchase needed goods in bulk at a discount.

Same thing you see with major disasters. If you want to be seen to do something care more about how you feel about it, send stuff. If you want to be the most helpful you can, cash is King.

those are good points raised and if im reading "seen" the way i think it's intended i don't give a shit about recognition. at the moment this forum is the closest thing to social media i'm coming to i'm not going to be taking pictures or selfies to post somewhere for a pat on the back.

i know they need cold weather attire as it's transitioning from autumn to winter but to be honest i'd love to send tomahawks from different sources/shops that i have a list of for CQB or whatever it is now referred to as. tomahawks, training tomahawks, and copies of a book by benjamin bradak. they'd pick it up with ease. i was disappointed to learn that tomahawks are not even part of the army.

i'd also like to send as many of these as i possibly can:
ive looked at similar options that are even available in europe and this one seems to be the better option even with it's price tag.

there's a surprising number of military surplus stores in kyiv alone.
i guess it's back to that "cash is king" thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
moderators -- feel free to lock or delete this thread same goes for my profile. this has run its course.

thank you anyway, people.

Back