• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Surface Combatant RFQ

what is the secret to good lobster or scallops. Ive had lots of good over the years but lots where it was liking chewing rubber

Have never understood the love for lobster.... It tastes ok but I would rather have a choice of other seafood before going to lobster.

Works out ok at lobster day at the mess as I get more steak.
My father was a commercial lobster fisherman, his philosophy on lobster was pretty simple; "I sell the lobster so I can eat steak".

what is the secret to good lobster or scallops. Ive had lots of good over the years but lots where it was liking chewing rubber
  1. Fresh
  2. Fresh
  3. Fresh

I'm not a huge fan of shellfish either with the exception of scallops, but once you've had it essentially off the pier, the stuff that is available to us in Central Canada simply can't compare. Fresh water fish is the same. In n/w Ontario I could get a Walleye meal basically off the town dock (or even better, a shore lunch), but the stuff available at the stores is not the same. We do have a small Metis commercial fishery here so their stuff is pretty close.

seems sort of similar with halibut. Ive almost never found halibut in the maritimes. Haddock yes and Cod yes but hardly ever any Halibut

seems sort of similar with halibut. Ive almost never found halibut in the maritimes. Haddock yes and Cod yes but hardly ever any Halibut
The commercial groundfish industry was decimated in the 90s, NL Cod got all the attention in the media, but it was all over the Atlantic region that things were closed. Some fisheries came back, some didn't.

When I was young my father was gone from Monday to Saturday as long as the Northumberland Strait was free of ice, after the groundfish seasons closed, he was home a lot more often.

Back