• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ April 11th 2022

MSEopGuy

Reaction score
Just reaching out to see if anyone on here is going to st. Jean for April 11th start and perhaps from the Kingston area ?

I swear in next Monday...
Good luck to both of you. Basic is tough if you let it be. It will be physically demanding, and mentally exhausting, but the time will fly by in an instant, even though it will seem interminable. Do what your instructors ask you to do, expect that at some point you will be singled out as the "worst" person in the platoon(it's designed to see how you react to stress) and always make sure you have your platoon mates backs, and that they have yours. Ensure that you are seen as part of the team, both by instructors and your fellow candidates. (but don't kiss ass). You will enter into an environment that is structured, and capabilities and attributes will vary across your platoon. Your instructors will bring you all to a base level, and then endeavor to bring you collectively into a cohesive unit. To the extent possible, help your fellow candidates to succeed.

Once you are done basic, your next course/DP will be very different, as you will get more "adult treatment."

I wish you the best, and a long and successful career.

Good luck to both of you. Basic is tough if you let it be. It will be physically demanding, and mentally exhausting, but the time will fly by in an instant, even though it will seem interminable. Do what your instructors ask you to do, expect that at some point you will be singled out as the "worst" person in the platoon(it's designed to see how you react to stress) and always make sure you have your platoon mates backs, and that they have yours. Ensure that you are seen as part of the team, both by instructors and your fellow candidates. (but don't kiss ass). You will enter into an environment that is structured, and capabilities and attributes will vary across your platoon. Your instructors will bring you all to a base level, and then endeavor to bring you collectively into a cohesive unit. To the extent possible, help your fellow candidates to succeed.

Once you are done basic, your next course/DP will be very different, as you will get more "adult treatment."

I wish you the best, and a long and successful career.
Thank you kindly for your advice as I personally will follow it as best I can. Hopefully we can come together as one unit fast and maintain that throughout the entire process. I truly look forward to my trades training and being treated more like an adult as you say haha, seeing i am nearly 40 🤣😎

Thank you kindly for your advice as I personally will follow it as best I can. Hopefully we can come together as one unit fast and maintain that throughout the entire process. I truly look forward to my trades training and being treated more like an adult as you say haha, seeing i am nearly 40 🤣😎
Your age will be both a blessing, and a curse, as the instructors and candidates alike will look to you for guidance and leadership. At nearly 40 you should be able to accept that challenge.

Your age will be both a blessing, and a curse, as the instructors and candidates alike will look to you for guidance and leadership. At nearly 40 you should be able to accept that challenge.
I am most definitely ready for the challenge and I accept it 100% to the best I can. I hope to fly low under the radar but I have a feeling I’ll be called out early as this is not my first rodeo. Your advice is sound though and from my first experience I wish I had it than where as I went in fully blind.

I am most definitely ready for the challenge and I accept it 100% to the best I can. I hope to fly low under the radar but I have a feeling I’ll be called out early as this is not my first rodeo. Your advice is sound though and from my first experience I wish I had it than where as I went in fully blind.
I did my basic NCM training in 1983, blind as a bat, and did the basic Officer trg in 1988, so my second rodeo. You already have some basic knowledge of what to expect, use that for both your and fellow candidates advantage.

I did my basic NCM training in 1983, blind as a bat, and did the basic Officer trg in 1988, so my second rodeo. You already have some basic knowledge of what to expect, use that for both your and fellow candidates advantage.
I fear that the knowledge I have could make me come across as bossy or what not … I guess I could offer suggestions rather than orders sort of speak. Although I do know what works and what doesn’t and the biggest thing I remember is coming together as one unit makes life much easier for everyone.

Officer training after NCM how was that process ? I have not talked to many individuals who have gone through that process.

I fear that the knowledge I have could make me come across as bossy or what not … I guess I could offer suggestions rather than orders sort of speak. Although I do know what works and what doesn’t and the biggest thing I remember is coming together as one unit makes life much easier for everyone.

Officer training after NCM how was that process ? I have not talked to many individuals who have gone through that process.
I knew how to iron, polish my boots, and take care of kit, so that was second nature. The leadership portion was different from NCM basic trg, and that's where I put my emphasis. It was overall, a much easier process, but, I had a much better sense of what would transpire.

I knew how to iron, polish my boots, and take care of kit, so that was second nature. The leadership portion was different from NCM basic trg, and that's where I put my emphasis. It was overall, a much easier process, but, I had a much better sense of what would transpire.
Makes sense. I appreciate your advice to me and anyone who would read this thread.

Amazing !! I assume cyber op ? So NCM which means we could potentially be on the same course.
Yes to both. Shouldn't be NCM, but it is... Anyways... onwards and upwards. I got my PLAR, so that is kind of cool.

I am just over 60... old lady here... lol.

Back