• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Be Gentle...

jwsteele

Inactive
Reaction score
OK...I realize I will get the "use the search" speech here, but a simple yes/no answer is all I'm looking for although more would be appreciated.  I am torn between officer or ncm infantry.  I want to be in the field and learn all the cool stuff that the ncm's learn.  Here's my question.  Do officers get to learn all the same stuff that ncm's do in training, like rocket launchers and heavy machine guns?  Also, is it much harder for an officer to take para courses, ranger course, jtf2, snipers, etc.  It seems like officers are not really involved in those types of things.  Any clarification woud be appreciated.

Jordan

One wonders how anyone made a decision before the Internet came along.

Acorn

jwsteele,

Officers are involved in all the things that you mentioned above.

It's not a simple question but ask yourself, "do you want to lead or do you want to follow?".  If you want to lead from the beginning of your career, go officer if you qualify and are acceptable.  If you want see what its all about by being a private first, there is no shame in doing that either.  You have to decide what you want to do with your future...it's called life decision making!

And yes there are alot of very good threads in the recruiting forum that talk about NCM vs Officer.  As well, there are lots of infantry officers and infantryman on this board if you have specific questions to ask.

Good luck.

Alright...point taken...I should have just kept my mouth shut and done my own research.
By the way, great book Acorn (Lesser Evil)...I'm just finishing it right now.

Jordan

Thanks Gunner...things to think about...lots of time though.

Jordan

Acorn said:
One wonders how anyone made a decision before the Internet came along.

Acorn

Acorn

That's how coins were invented. :p

Slim

Careful Slim, you're dangerously close to revealing how Int Analysis is done, let alone the decision cycle.

Acorn

Acorn said:
Careful Slim, you're dangerously close to revealing how Int Analysis is done, let alone the decision cycle.

Acorn

I still hold to my theory that the int cycle was invented by a staff officer watching a gerbil on an exorcise wheel! :p

Cheers

Directed, collected, processed and the confusion begins! 8)

Slim

Direction: rodent brain tells rodent to eat
Collection: rodent collects nuts
Processing: rodent eats nuts
Dissemination..........

Acorn

And you all now know the relationship between Int and the sigs codname "Acorn."

I'm still trying to figure out "Bluebell" though...

Acorn

Because it's funny. And a step away from Tinker Bell.

Acorn said:
I'm still trying to figure out "Bluebell" though...

Acorn

Maybe due to the (seemingly cow like speed of) pondorously slow recovery you've undergone if ever broken down in the field...Just kidding guys! ;D

Slim

I am sure they picked it after deliberate contimplation of the term "TinkerBell".

Back