• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Australia to become major hub for US submarines

Ofcourse we are not included in this initial Aus/UK/US submarine alliance in the Pacific, for reasons already stated…

- Australia is not only looking to get into the nuclear submarine game, but they are becoming a growingly important hub for US submarines in that region

- Being a hub for US nuclear submarines comes with opportunities for crew & maintenance yard training, training exercises, and learning from experienced crews as the Aussie boats start to come online

- The US had no need for a Canadian base to use as a submarine hub, they have a nuclear submarine base of their own fairly close to the border. On both coasts.

- Not stated, but also not not-stated, is Canada has a Chinese espionage problem. Period.

It’s a long list of concerns we all know about, but would any of you trust us with secret nuclear technology right now, with our current PM?
Dude the Canadian Navy can't even manage itself now. The only reason to give such an irresponsible organization keys to nuclear sub technology would be to watch another Chernobyl unfold.

Dude the Canadian Navy can't even manage itself now. The only reason to give such an irresponsible organization keys to nuclear sub technology would be to watch another Chernobyl unfold.
I genuinely hate that I know what you’re saying is true

Usually I’d ask what’s changed between back when it was a more functional organization and how things are now, hoping to find the answers of what we can maybe change to regain that culture.

But then I watched a YouTube video where a sailor with earrings in both ears showed me his ‘brave space’ and I realize the answer I’m looking for is nowhere near where I thought it might be…

I genuinely hate that I know what you’re saying is true

Usually I’d ask what’s changed between back when it was a more functional organization and how things are now, hoping to find the answers of what we can maybe change to regain that culture.

But then I watched a YouTube video where a sailor with earrings in both ears showed me his ‘brave space’ and I realize the answer I’m looking for is nowhere near where I thought it might be…
The answer is more people and funding.

And if you get some more people by bringing the dress standards past the 1950s, then that is fine by me.

Ofcourse we are not included in this initial Aus/UK/US submarine alliance in the Pacific, for reasons already stated…

- Australia is not only looking to get into the nuclear submarine game, but they are becoming a growingly important hub for US submarines in that region

- Being a hub for US nuclear submarines comes with opportunities for crew & maintenance yard training, training exercises, and learning from experienced crews as the Aussie boats start to come online

- The US had no need for a Canadian base to use as a submarine hub, they have a nuclear submarine base of their own fairly close to the border. On both coasts.

- Not stated, but also not not-stated, is Canada has a Chinese espionage problem. Period.

It’s a long list of concerns we all know about, but would any of you trust us with secret nuclear technology right now, with our current PM?
I suspect we were offered a place in it behind the scenes. Remember this wasn’t announced until after it had all been done. I also suspect we turned it down because the current gov
A) doesn’t see a need to be involved
B) politically the public wouldn’t get behind nuclear and
C) we would have to pay into it to join.

I suspect we were offered a place in it behind the scenes. Remember this wasn’t announced until after it had all been done. I also suspect we turned it down because the current gov
A) doesn’t see a need to be involved
B) politically the public wouldn’t get behind nuclear and
C) we would have to pay into it to join.
You forgot D) it would upset our colonial overlords in Beijing. 😉

The answer is more people and funding.

And if you get some more people by bringing the dress standards past the 1950s, then that is fine by me.
I imagine it’s a matter of professional culture as well, at least to some extent?

The checklist discipline when working around anything nuclear needs to be pretty high, with the checklists followed properly every single time for every single thing…not an impossible discipline to introduce by any means, but I don’t see the stars lining up for nuclear boats anytime soon.

And you are right Ofcourse. We need people, so if updating the grooming standards helps with that then so be it.

Back