• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army has too many infantry, armor lieutenants, asks some to switch to combat-support jobs

Kirkhill

Fair Scunnert WASP.
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score

The Army is overstaffed with infantry and armor lieutenants and needs some of them who were commissioned in 2021 to move into combat-support jobs, service officials announced Tuesday.

The service is asking some 250 infantry and armor officers from the group year of 2021 to move voluntarily to the adjutant general or finance or signal corps, Army Human Resources Command said. Service officials said they were concerned current staffing levels would soon the leave units without enough officers serving in those positions, raising potential combat readiness issues.

“Unless we offer these steps to rebalance the force, the Army will face a shortage of battalion and brigade [personnel officers], [logistics officers] and finance positions worldwide,” said Col. Charlone Stallworth, the talent alignment and development director for Human Resources Command.

CA uses Infantry and Armour DP 1.1 to achieve the same effect being described in the article.

Guy I know ( some of you may as well )
left a job at Hospital to join the Army. Trained and qualified as a Armour officer. Not long afterwards ended up being the Admin officer for medical unit.

CA uses Infantry and Armour DP 1.1 to achieve the same effect being described in the article.

I am assuming that you mean that those who fail Infantry or Armour DP1.1 and then choose a different trade.
I agree that in the not so distant past that was the case with a failure rate of over 50% but with the drive in the last several years to reduce that failure rate to less than 10% what will be the future follow on impact to other trades?

An interesting thing to watch for.

Back