• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are these NOI requirements for CSOR still up to date?

abstractwaffle

Inactive
Reaction score
There is an article on cmfmag titled "Canadian Special Operations Regiment Recruiting Operators and Officers". In it, it details the requirements for submitting Notice of Intent. Are the requirements still up to date? Requirements below:
The eligibility requirements for NCMs are as follows:
• Any NCM MOSID and Rank. Note that upon occupation transfer to 00369 SF OP (Untrained), those holding rank or appointment of MS/MCPL or higher will voluntarily relinquish rank and pay to Cpl.
• Minimum medical category: 223225
• Regular Force must meet the eligibility criteria for voluntary occupation transfer as per Ref C, including minimum 24 months of continuous service.
• Primary Reserves have no minimum service.
• Must meet OFP in the current occupation.
Additionally for all applicants
• Applicants must have successfully completed a Force Evaluation after June 1, 2022.
• Must successfully complete the SF OP Pre-selection Physical Evaluation, including completion of Combat Swim Test.
• Must hold a minimum security clearance level II.
• Possess a valid, unrestricted provincial/territorial Driver's license.
• Primary Reserve Officers must also apply for CT to the Regular Force no later than Dec. 9, 2022.
• Regular Force NCMs are also to apply for voluntary occupation therapy to 00369 SF OP through their chain of command following the procedures at Refs C and Refs D.
• Applicants must submit their notice of intent to apply to CANSOFCOM by Nov. 4. Officers will receive further instructions from CSOR recruiting and selection cell upon receipt of the notice of intent.
I was wondering if these requirements/guidelines were still up to date, and if not, are the updated requirements available to the public?Assuming they are, why do they require 24 months of continuous service from regular force members and no minimum service for reservists, surely the former have more experience just based off their BMQ?

Voluntary occupation transfer rules are CAF policy, whether you want to go CSOR or Cook. It's a requirement to go into CSOR because it is a voluntary occupation transfer(VOT), not because CSOR wants people with more experience from the RegF than from the ResF.

Realistically, getting into the CAF is the first step, by the time you get all of the required boxes ticked and meet the application deadline in the year you want to VOT, you'll have more than 24 months of service.

Again, getting in, and getting training in the occupation you join is the first step. If you don't get that far, the rest doesn't matter.

Thanks for the reply. I presume this means the requirements are still up to date.
Again, getting in, and getting training in the occupation you join is the first step. If you don't get that far, the rest doesn't matter.
As a reservist: Aside from BMQ + DP1 (I don't say this to be dismissive, i'm aware of how difficult these programs can be), what would you say is the greatest hurdle towards submitting an NOI?

Thanks for the reply. I presume this means the requirements are still up to date.

As a reservist: Aside from BMQ + DP1 (I don't say this to be dismissive, i'm aware of how difficult these programs can be), what would you say is the greatest hurdle towards submitting an NOI?
I suspect getting the security clearance, and the SF OP pre-selection physical and swim test would be the hardest things to get in order to submit the NOI.

If you happen to live near a base, and can get the pre-selection testing completed there, it might be a bit easier.

Realistically, this is stuff best worried about after you're in and have an idea what the CAF is actually like.

SF OP pre-selection physical and swim test
Are these requirements still up to date?

Realistically, this is stuff best worried about after you're in and have an idea what the CAF is actually like.
I appreciate the reality check, this is something I want to work towards as I will be starting BMQ very soon. Worst case, I go through initial training only to become disillusioned with my CANSOF goals and forget about CANSOF altogether.

Theres a CANFORGEN every year to open the window for NOIs. That CANFORGEN will have all the requirements listed.

Back