• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process: Medical Assistant Reserve

gQeline

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm 18, and a highschool graduate, however I went back for one semester to upgrade my math mark! Anyways, I have been looking into joining the army for a while now (started in gr.10). I've been visiting recruiting centres and researching online ever since. However I never really got around to officially submitting my application until the MCpl at the field ambulance I wanted to apply at called me up and said there was an opening for Medical Assistants. And that's where my story begins.... :)

July 13, 2011- Handed in application forms
July 19, 2011- Received a call to book CFAT
Aug 9, 2011- CFAT passed, booked interview and Medical test
Aug 24, 2011- Completed interview and Medical (however I was told to send back some additional Medical documents, because of my glasses, braces, etc...)
Sept 8, 2011- Submitted required Med docs
Sept 21, 2011- One of the people I put down as a references had contacted me and said that someone from the Forces asked them about me

... And now its October, I still haven't received any news about my status! I just emailed them today to ask about it, hoping I don't seem too pushy. So that's my process so far, just wanted to share, maybe someone out there is in the same situation as me?

Thanks, and goodluck to everyone in their applications!

Thousands of people are in the same boat as you.  Many have been in it for a much longer time!  It is called Hurry up and Wait.  If you want any information the best idea is to head into their office and ask.  Calling/emailing every 3-4 weeks is a good idea too just so they do not forget about you.  Keep moving on with your life and if you're selected they will call...Good luck!

Back