• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Active Shooter In NS. April 19 2020

Why frig with it if it works for their town? Adding a large, low density rural catchment with its own additional municipal governments would really muck some things up for them, if things have otherwise been going fine.
Beside issues with the tax base (whether or not the town is part of the county), I agree; I just assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the PS might see themselves as the nucleus. One does not necessarily translate well into the other. Ontario has created a number of geographically large single-tier municipalities but I don't know if folks in the far reaches of Ottawa, Chatham-Kent or Sudbury feel any better served under OPS than they did under the OPP.

Yes, Amherst is in Cumberland county. The good news is that the PD would only be dealing with one additional municipal council.

Yes, Amherst is in Cumberland county. The good news is that the PD would only be dealing with one additional municipal council.
What about Oxford? Wiki says it's an Incorporated municipality. I'll take your word for it as I don't know enough about the municipal structuring in NS. In my county in Ontario, there are two municipalities that, while physically/geographically within the county, are not part of its governance. They benefit from some county services, like EMS, but pay for it as a line item in their budgets.

Back