• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

39/60 CFAT

paalerik

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I asked for infantry because that’s what my recruiter suggested. As the title suggests, I scored 39/60 on the CFAT and wondered what other trades were open for me? I’m thinking cook or priest? Since I like food and philosophy…

What else should I consider?

So I asked for infantry because that’s what my recruiter suggested. As the title suggests, I scored 39/60 on the CFAT and wondered what other trades were open for me? I’m thinking cook or priest? Since I like food and philosophy…

What else should I consider?
Chaplain (not priest) needs a Master's degree, acceptance by a church (or equivalent), and at least two years of pastoral experience. So you are looking at 8 years of school and work plus however long your church needs for your personal discernment, that can be up to four years with no guarantee of acceptance at the end of it.

Ahhh ok. What might possible to do with the score I got do you think? The recruiter didn’t show me his list…

If you are even thinking of being a cook, I suggest you get a job right now working in the kitchen of a large restaurant. See if in six months you still want to be a cook.

Was a barista, busboy, bouncer, call centre agent, localization tester in video games, translator, interpreter, tutor, security guard, alcohol regulation inspector, fishmonger, gas station clerk, sales assistant, personal assistant, urban farmer, etc… Never tried cooking before!

If you are even thinking of being a cook, I suggest you get a job right now working in the kitchen of a large restaurant. See if in six months you still want to be a cook.
Cooks are underrated. Huge amounts of respect to cooks. Don't care if the meal didn't taste good, I will always thank the cook for preparing it.

Curious how you got your score back? The recruiter I spoke to was only willing to disclose what percentile I fell under.

Cooks, the most unassuming trade. Food can be good or bad, does not matter we eat it,
I really disliked cooks in the field kitchens, I always had the night shift in the CP, and I would be up all night and all I could smell was the breakfast cooking, the bacon and all fresh baking for the day. I would go eat breakfast be more like my supper. I would then go to bed in my hooch, wake up smelling lunch being prepared. As I went to work they would be just finishing up supper meals.
I never cared what they cooked, it never smelled as good to me on my plate as it did in the air.
They have a rotten job, but some of the best meals and some of the new foods I now really enjoy all came out of the army mess hall.
Thanks for everything Chefs

Back