• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3 military bases

armydude911

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, im new to this forum and i am just looking for some information.. i am going in for my medical and interview on the 30th and i read the things you all put down for them and i got a lot of good info on those which i am greatful for. Anyways i am going for a sig op and after all my training is complete i can go to one of 3 bases (petawawa, valcartier, and edmonton) and i just wanted to know what the qualities of each base were.. so that i can make an imformed choice for where i want to be stationed WHEN i get in..

thanks

I can't tell you the quality of the bases, as I have never been.

Just so you are clear about the situation of life in the forces, you can request which base you want to go to. But in the end, you don't have a 'choice' and will go where they tell you to go. (Not sure if you knew that already, just wanted to point it out in case)

armydude911 said:
Hi there, im new to this forum and i am just looking for some information.. i am going in for my medical and interview on the 30th and i read the things you all put down for them and i got a lot of good info on those which i am greatful for. Anyways i am going for a sig op and after all my training is complete i can go to one of 3 bases (petawawa, valcartier, and edmonton) and i just wanted to know what the qualities of each base were.. so that i can make an imformed choice for where i want to be stationed WHEN i get in..

thanks

Don't forget Kingston, I believe there is a Sigs Regt there.

so that i can make an imformed choice for where i want to be stationed WHEN i get in..

That is pretty funny for your first post.

Armydude911,

Take a read through this thread...it's related to the infantry regiments but has lots of comments regarding some of the areas you may be posted to when you get in.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/25214.0.html

armydude911 said:
... so that i can make an imformed choice for where i want to be stationed WHEN i get in..

As an aside, your post reminds me of a plaque on my in-laws kitchen wall...." Home is where the Army sends you!"

cheers.

I've heard it from people in the know that trained SigOps are being sent to either Kingston or Edmonton when they come off their QL3. But that might change by the time you get done your trades training, so take it for what it's worth.

There are sig ops working on pretty much every base in Canada.

Back