• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Like all things in life it's not that black and white. There is nuances for everything.

I'm sure lots of folks said screw it and happily accepted th banks and over extended themselves. I also know a good portion are just to house cloth and feed a family. Those are the ones who I feel sympathy for.
I explicitly categorized two very similarly described groups. Given that the only harsh (ish) sentiment was directed at my comparable to the bold, I assumed that who your response was defending as "playing the game in the rules that exist." If that's not the case we seem to be on the same page.

Even payday lenders/cheque-cashers serve a role in the economy. Almost anything can be abused or misused.

I explicitly categorized two very similarly described groups. Given that the only harsh (ish) sentiment was directed at my comparable to the bold, I assumed that who your response was defending as "playing the game in the rules that exist." If that's not the case we seem to be on the same page.

I think we're on the same page.

Understood but the guy threatened to rape his wife. He called it out on Twitter.

Thus news.

And PP and his like in the CPC gave him more legitimacy than should ever have happened.

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

How many lineups have you been in shaking hands with people you may not know? And do you remember them later?
Between February and the Topp march / Gilmore controversy for a person so supposedly as prepared and researched as PP to not know who's voice he was lending credibility to is either
A- a lie
B- willful ignorance
C-recklessly negligent

Between February and the Topp march / Gilmore controversy for a person so supposedly as prepared and researched as PP to not know who's voice he was lending credibility to is either
A- a lie
B- willful ignorance
C-recklessly negligent
Nice set of very narrow and shitty options.

A- a lie
B- willful ignorance
C-recklessly negligent

I would argue you're simply blinded by disdain.

Anyone who doesn’t think PP hasn’t been courting that kind of person hasn’t been paying attention.

The problem is that you end up with problems like this and being associated even if you aren’t.

This situation should transcend political lines. But it’s amazing to see some hypocrisy on both sides of this.

When McKenna had her office vandalized and threats made she was told to suck it up by some because she was now a public figure

When Freeland was confronted she was accused of overreacting.

People taking smug pleasure in PP and in particular his wife having to experience it now themselves aren’t helping either.

People should be consistant with their outrage at crap like this. Sadly their politics blind them.

Not pointing any fingers here per se but maybe just maybe some people need a bit of self introspection about what they actually believe in.

A- a lie
B- willful ignorance
C-recklessly negligent
Yea, I don't like Skippy, but I would offer you're missing:
D. Innocently negligent
Because, as others have pointed out, he very well could have not known who it was at the time of the "hand shake" photo.

That being said, I do find it hypocritical that PP chose to speak out against Mckenzie when he attacked his wife, but not when Mckenzie attacked other people, like CBC journalist Rachel Gilmore.

Last edited:
Anyone who doesn’t think PP hasn’t been courting that kind of person hasn’t been paying attention.

The problem is that you end up with problems like this and being associated even if you aren’t.

This situation should transcend political lines. But it’s amazing to see some hypocrisy on both sides of this.

When McKenna had her office vandalized and threats made she was told to suck it up by some because she was now a public figure

When Freeland was confronted she was accused of overreacting.

People taking smug pleasure in PP and in particular his wife having to experience it now themselves aren’t helping either.

People should be consistant with their outrage at crap like this. Sadly their politics blind them.

Not pointing any fingers here per se but maybe just maybe some people need a bit of self introspection about what they actually believe in.

I'm very confused by your position on this and how it interacts with my original post about the press giving Mackenzie too much attention.

MacKenzie is a wing nut, and any politician who ties their horse to his cart will do so at their peril.

Are you some how insinuating that the threat, mention or making light of sexually assaulting PPs wife is some how lesser because at one time he knowingly or not shook hands with MacKenzie ?

Also you will have to pardon me, but there is a distinct difference between some vandalism and being yelled at and a public threat of sexual assault. I am really confused about the position you and @IKnowNothing are coming from.

Can we at least agree that MacKenzie is in the wrong and we should let the RCMP do their thing ?

Back