• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Our North - SSE Policy Update Megathread

It's here

Giving a read is whole lot of words with no tangible dates attached...

It's here

Big, if true

Colour me a cautious optimistic skeptic tho :)
Well See Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

So, still eating an $800M cut to O&M this FY? FML; 4 years of work to catch up on 15 years of decay kneecapped.

That said a lot of big projections mentioned, tac hel replacement, replace and expand the sub fleet, long range land missiles, upgrade or replacement our of Tanks and LAV's

That said a lot of big projections mentioned, tac hel replacement, replace and expand the sub fleet, long range land missiles, upgrade or replacement our of Tanks and LAV's
By 2030. There's nothing tangible here. If this was a serious update for a time we're possibly marching to war, these programs would be full swing by this decade at least. Ie on a war footing. Not that I was expecting anything different.

By 2030. There's nothing tangible here. If this was a serious update for a time we're possibly marching to war, these programs would be full swing by this decade at least. Ie on a war footing. Not that I was expecting anything different.
i'll admit the 9.5 billion over 20 years for arty ammo production is rather disappointing

i'll admit the 9.5 billion over 20 years for arty ammo production is rather disappointing
Also the whole line about $8 billion over 5 years. Like wooo, that's what, one major project? This is a nothingburger. More of the same.

To paraphrase:

We are the Battling Bastards of Borden. No mama, no papa, no Uncle Justin. No aunts, no uncles, no nephews, no nieces. No pills, no planes, no artillery pieces and nobody gives a damn.

Obviously hyperbole but whatever haha.

$13.5Bil MORE dollars in the next 5 FYs, with the largest chunk in 28-29. It will be interesting to see how this all maps to programs. A lot for Cyber and long-range missiles for the Army.

almost every other NATO member has reached or outlined the process to reach 2% this year and many are looking further. This promises 1.76 by 2029 which is an entire election cycle away. I know things take time but didn't anyone detect a bit of sarcasm in the comments to accelerate acquirement of ammunition over 20 years? That is some rapid acceleration. Meanwhile I didn't hear any hint at stopping the 1 billion cut. Nothing on replacing the Kingstons so Heddle might as well give that one up

almost every other NATO member has reached or outlined the process to reach 2% this year and many are looking further. This promises 1.76 by 2029 which is an entire election cycle away. I know things take time but didn't anyone detect a bit of sarcasm in the comments to accelerate acquirement of ammunition over 20 years? That is some rapid acceleration. Meanwhile I didn't hear any hint at stopping the 1 billion cut. Nothing on replacing the Kingstons so Heddle might as well give that one up
It's goddamn disappointing. I'm not even mad or surprised, just disappointed.

"Through 2032, the Canadian Armed Forces will focus on building back to its authorized force size of 71,500 Regular Force and 30,000 Primary Reserve Force members, and lay the foundations for future growth"

This suggests that any expansion of the CAF authorized strength will happen at some unknown point in the future.

I like this one; too bad we hadn't paid a shipyard a lot of money to deliver a ship capable of that, and then accepted the insufficient equipment without actually paying ISI to re-engineer it.

No worries, the RCN and 1 CAD will just 'accept the risk'.

Enable Arctic and Offshore Patrol Vessels to Operate Helicopters​

• We will explore options for enabling our Arctic and Offshore Patrol Vessels to embark and operate our maritime helicopters at sea.

Back