• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

I find the Globe much more balanced these days. I think this is where parties will find the persuadables.

Postmedia and the Star are playing to the choir, IMHO.

Am I allowed to disagree? I had that same discussion with my sisters in law when the center was defined by the Globe, Macleans and the CBC - to the exclusion of all other views.

My centre is probably not the same as your centre.

Am I allowed to disagree? I had that same discussion with my sisters in law when the center was defined by the Globe, Macleans and the CBC - to the exclusion of all other views.

My centre is probably not the same as your centre.
In my opinion, CBC is much further left of the Globe. As Paul Wells puts it, Macleans is now a real estate ad magazine posing as a current affairs publication.

I believe there is a greater diversity of opinion in the Globe than other Canadian outlets, and their reporting is closer to balanced than the others. There’s no doubt the editorial is “establishment” whether Tory or Grit, but I don’t get they are preaching to the choir like the others.

I say this as a former loyal reader of the National Post and despiser of the Globe.

In my opinion, CBC is much further left of the Globe. As Paul Wells puts it, Macleans is now a real estate ad magazine posing as a current affairs publication.

I believe there is a greater diversity of opinion in the Globe than other Canadian outlets, and their reporting is closer to balanced than the others. There’s no doubt the editorial is “establishment” whether Tory or Grit, but I don’t get they are preaching to the choir like the others.

I say this as a former loyal reader of the National Post and despiser of the Globe.

I will admit I am seeing a greater variety of opinion in the Globe. That seems to be in keeping with the rise in pronouncements by the likes of Manley and others of the bluer persuasion. That gives me hope that the establishment is reaching its limits of toleration.

There are other, less recognized factors at play Happiness for example. In 2015, Canada's self-reported rate was 7.43, enough to place us in the top five happiest societies. It is now 6.96, which ranks us 13th. The trend is not encouraging.

Canada Happiness index - data, chart | TheGlobalEconomy.com
Back in 2015 housing and cost of living expenses weren't crushing people's souls and keeping them up at night.

How many people bought near the top of their mortgage limit and are now facing refinancing in the next year or two? Not all of the increased costs are linked to LPC choices, but some of them are...

I will admit I am seeing a greater variety of opinion in the Globe. That seems to be in keeping with the rise in pronouncements by the likes of Manley and others of the bluer persuasion. That gives me hope that the establishment is reaching its limits of toleration.
Only a few years ago, this article would not have appeared in the Globe.

It does have a credibility that Postmedia and The Star lack. Postmedia has been reporting on Beijing’s interference, influence and intimidation campaigns for years, yet when I broached the topic IRL, most everyone looked at me like I had three heads. When the Globe started to report on it, it was brought into the mainstream. Much like when they broke the SNC Lavelin story. Trudeau looked silly in both cases saying their stories were “false”.

Saw this at the Pro Palestine parade at the Senate Building today.
IMG_1121.jpeg

Only a few years ago, this article would not have appeared in the Globe.

It does have a credibility that Postmedia and The Star lack. Postmedia has been reporting on Beijing’s interference, influence and intimidation campaigns for years, yet when I broached the topic IRL, most everyone looked at me like I had three heads. When the Globe started to report on it, it was brought into the mainstream. Much like when they broke the SNC Lavelin story. Trudeau looked silly in both cases saying their stories were “false”.

If you mean that the establishment is more accepting of news that appears in their house organ then I will agree with you. That is a form of credibility. The establishment accepts the Globe as a credible source.

Perhaps more of the establishment should allow themselves the luxury of considering other sources of information. They don't necessarily have to enjoy the opinions but they can highlight factoids of interest.

Last edited:
The closer the NDP get to the Liberals, the more likely Singh will pull the pin. Add the new Boundaries redistribution set for around April during which the NDP will lose 10% of the seats they currently hold.

Could the NDP join with the Bloc to form HMOO? Possible as Singh may see this as an opportunity to again gain momentum in PQ.

The closer the NDP get to the Liberals, the more likely Singh will pull the pin. Add the new Boundaries redistribution set for around April during which the NDP will lose 10% of the seats they currently hold.

Could the NDP join with the Bloc to form HMOO? Possible as Singh may see this as an opportunity to again gain momentum in PQ.
Rumours out that Singh will not under any circumstances pull the coalition plug until his pension is secure. I hope he would pull the rug out from Trudeau sooner rather than later.

Singh holds more power than he ever would under a conservative majority. Why would he ever pull the plug on that elfe he has to?

Ego, of course ;)

Brag Ric Flair GIF by WWE

Rumours out that Singh will not under any circumstances pull the coalition plug until his pension is secure. I hope he would pull the rug out from Trudeau sooner rather than later.
But the 6-year immediate annuity is *not a 100% thing, it’s actually not a lot to start at the bare minimum qualification point.

Last edited:
The Liberals are masters at gaslighting.
No doubt, but in terms of visible stuff that affects a ton of Canadians, Team Red can gaslight all they want, but Team Orange don't have much to show for the leverage it has. Even the environmental stuff, I suspect, is hard-wired enough in the Team Red ethos that it isn't being driven/arm-twisted by Team Orange.

Back