• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0

It’s always hard to speak globally about equipment in the states- it’s like there is always a department that is an exception. In Canada no department or function has full auto.
Since this appears so controversial here- “no Canadian civilian police agency/department or function has full auto”

Even though that’s what we were discussing- civilian police and not military police officers who as military carry military things.

But since I used words like I did- and military police are police officers my initial statement is more correct this way.

Since this appears so controversial here- “no Canadian civilian police agency/department or function has full auto”

Even though that’s what we were discussing- civilian police and not military police officers who as military carry military things.

But since I used words like I did- and military police are police officers my initial statement is more correct this way.
How sure of that are you?
I know several Canadian LE departments that at least of 4-5 years ago still had a number of Select Fire systems on their books — mostly MP-5’s, but some M16 type variants as well.
I’ve also seen some select fire C8’s in RCMP hands over the years.

I know where the full autos were and they are no longer there. There are a number of full autos in several places in storage for units that used to have them. It’s not a thing- even in the mp5s. I carried both operationally and training others in the military and in civi police.

I’m sure you’re experience is true. It’s just not the present map of firearms. I’m sure there are a ton in armour shops around the country. It is not the accepted equipment. I suppose the caveat is “operational” currently.

There are areas where all types of thing are trained and evaluated

A few years ago there were full auto lower receivers in every training shop. It’s not that they don’t exist or we have them. It’s deployment of them.

They have historically existed- but not in patrol carbine which was the initiator of this conversation.

I suppose this is a miscommunication on my part by speaking in generalizations. Civilian police do not operationally deploy full auto firearms. There was a time where several units and teams had them- it is not the present reality that Canadian police use them. They are not the front line patrol carbine anywhere. I am not familiar with any team carrying them above the frontline operationally in Canada. As a guy who prepared expert testimony in court for police training/force I would be shocked that it would be accepted in Canada. But I do get shocked every week

Last edited:
Kev- are you infamous from a multiagency/military shoot outside Edmonton years ago? A full auto incident? 😬

Ah. It was a PPCLI out of Edmonton, a Kevin who’s last name started with B. It was an auto incident and some Canadian LEOs and auto rifles were involved- it was like 2004ish if I recall.

I am a dinosaur lol

Ah. It was a PPCLI out of Edmonton, a Kevin who’s last name started with B. It was an auto incident and some Canadian LEOs and auto rifles were involved- it was like 2004ish if I recall.

I am a dinosaur lol
Time frame sounds correct for me in Edmonton (my last year there) but alas no MG’s or auto incidents.

Honestly, guns aside, anyone who can still cast a vote for this party, in it's current make up, is either not paying attention and willfully ignorant or just an LPC NPC.

At 6:42 the relevant bit starts. Essentially, when people become attached to an ideology their intelligence gets used to make their beliefs seem correct, making them dumb in a smart way.

Some dictators stage a false flag coupe to push forward legislation that ensures their power for a long time.

Some take that power by force, and defend it with force. Censoring the internet, preemptively coming down on potential dissidents, freezing bank accounts (or just taking people’s money altogether), and using state-funded media to push an ideology in such a way that it isn’t meant to be obvious to its audience.

(After all, if propaganda is obvious, you’re doing it wrong)

In the case of JT, he’s either done or has attempted to do most of the things someone who takes office by force would do.

________

It’s a good thing with in Canada. Truly.

We are a country where we might be at our lowest point in a very long time, but it truly is good to have the institutions that we do.

(Courts that order the government to pay millions to individuals it targets, a commission that has its sessions aired live, etc)

If we didn’t have these institutions, I could easily see JT easily becoming a dictator. Maybe not a violent one, but an oppressive one indeed.

Why push so hard to pass this gun ban, when the next party to get elected is just going to reverse it anyway?

________

When was the last time any of us saw our entire country unified in this unbelievably strong feeling that JT & Freeland are scumbags who need to go. Like now.

People don’t even argue about what political party they would vote for and why anymore… we are all extremely united in believing this government is the worst in our history.

And that should say something.

Some dictators stage a false flag coupe to push forward legislation that ensures their power for a long time.

Some take that power by force, and defend it with force. Censoring the internet, preemptively coming down on potential dissidents, freezing bank accounts (or just taking people’s money altogether), and using state-funded media to push an ideology in such a way that it isn’t meant to be obvious to its audience.

(After all, if propaganda is obvious, you’re doing it wrong)

In the case of JT, he’s either done or has attempted to do most of the things someone who takes office by force would do.

________

It’s a good thing with in Canada. Truly.

We are a country where we might be at our lowest point in a very long time, but it truly is good to have the institutions that we do.

(Courts that order the government to pay millions to individuals it targets, a commission that has its sessions aired live, etc)

If we didn’t have these institutions, I could easily see JT easily becoming a dictator. Maybe not a violent one, but an oppressive one indeed.

Why push so hard to pass this gun ban, when the next party to get elected is just going to reverse it anyway?

________

When was the last time any of us saw our entire country unified in this unbelievably strong feeling that JT & Freeland are scumbags who need to go. Like now.

People don’t even argue about what political party they would vote for and why anymore… we are all extremely united in believing this government is the worst in our history.

And that should say something.

I'm not sure our country is as united you think. Even on this site we have some folks who stand behind JT and his government.

I'm willing to be corrected.

Plenty of people love JT, some just because he makes people angry. People will go out of their way to spite others.

I'm not sure our country is as united you think. Even on this site we have some folks who stand behind JT and his government.

I'm willing to be corrected.
Again, I so far have not seen a single person express their support for JT and the LPC (other than in specific circumstances, like me supporting the use of the EA).

But I agree with you that the country is definitely not :

Of the 32.62% of the people who voted LPC in the last election, I betcha most of them will still vote LPC in the next one. Now, that's just the people who voted, but I bet that among all those who didn't vote, it's probably a similar percentage that would notionally support the LPC/JT.

Last edited:
This was hard to watch. I turned off the video before JT even finished saying "we're not going after shotguns And rifles, we have banned military style-assault weapons."

Here's the kicker; we can't really do anything to stop this. Non-gun owners don't care enough for this to be an issue that will sway there vote, and gun owners are primarily supporters of the CPC already.

Back