• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

Edit: disregard, I think I found the ones you mean.
I was actually referring to these:

I haven't found any of their wide sizes in Canada, so I wear Altama, or Altberg in uniform.

I was actually referring to these:

I haven't found any of their wide sizes in Canada, so I wear Altama, or Altberg in uniform.
Altitude sports sells them in wide, though they appear mostly out of stock. Are they tall enough for bootforgen?

Altitude sports sells them in wide, though they appear mostly out of stock. Are they tall enough for bootforgen?
Nope, they are just my daily use footwear. Like I said, I wear Altberg or Altama in uniform, I was just pointing out that Lowa makes great boots, such good boots that the first pair lasted 6 years, and I just picked up the exact same ones to replace the worn out boots.

lol I did 38 years - our first flak vests were Vietnam era OD. I cannot remember ever being issued a CADPAT flak vest.
At least you had a vest.

I've been given ill fitting old American woodland vests a handful of times to throw grenades, that's it. Put it on, toss, take it off and hand to the next guy.

Embarrassing.

At least you had a vest.

I've been given ill fitting old American woodland vests a handful of times to throw grenades, that's it. Put it on, toss, take it off and hand to the next guy.

Embarrassing.
yes absolutely. The original OD Goretex kit all had to be returned when we got back from Bosnia so another rotation could have it. Super cheap.

Cool. Can I be issued a flak vest in old CADPAT for the first time in my 11 year career?

Just "forget" to return it next time you're provided one without signing for it. Everyone I know who has one did that.

At least you had a vest.

Embarrassing.
If I recall correctly, even on deployment to Afghanistan, you got the vest issued just before (and plates later than that), then returned everything right when after you got back.

I assumed (probably incorrectly) that the vest is pretty useless without the plates/kevlar, and that the plates/kevlar are controlled items...?

Then again, I've been trying to return my helmet for years.

Back