• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question about Meds (Not Recruit medical)

gryles

Inactive
Reaction score
As someone who has been waiting on a summer reserve course, if I start a new prescription beforehand, will I have to redo my recruit medical, or inform someone before I go off? Would this change my Medcat? (I passed the CEMS already)

You should update the CFRC medical section, particularly if it's to do with something that wasn't previously identified on the Recruit medical...been a few years, but I do seem to recall that you're supposed to update them if there is a change in your medical status.

As someone who has been waiting on a summer reserve course, if I start a new prescription beforehand, will I have to redo my recruit medical, or inform someone before I go off? Would this change my Medcat? (I passed the CEMS already)

Have you been enrolled already? It makes a difference in who you inform.

Have you been enrolled already? It makes a difference in who you inform.
Yes, I have been enrolled. Just waiting for the course to begin. The condition was not present before enrolling, and is not life threatening, its simply a new Rx to make things better sooner.

Being Reserve, if you're going to finish the Rx before you depart for training it's probably not going to be a problem. However, if you're still going to be on it at Basic, you will likely need to inform the medical staff of what you're taking.

Being Reserve, if you're going to finish the Rx before you depart for training it's probably not going to be a problem. However, if you're still going to be on it at Basic, you will likely need to inform the medical staff of what you're taking.
Thanks! Will there be any paperwork to fill out then, or a reassessment of my med standard, or am I allowed to take it as its labeled through giving them the heads up?

Back