• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Coast Guard Officer Arrested

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
Hits keep coming.The Lt was a white nationalist good thing he was caught.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard-lieutenant-dubbed-domestic-terrorist-had-hit-list-of-media-bigs-and-dem-lawmakers-prosecutors

Definition of nationalist

1 : an advocate of or believer in nationalism
2 : a member of a political party or group advocating national independence or strong national government

Definition of nationalism

1 : loyalty and devotion to a nation especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness sense 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups

In other words, a patriot.

Do not let the press define nationalism as anything other than patriotism. They are trying to equate racism with nationalism. A globalist ploy to demonize anyone not part of their one world government, open border society dogma.

Supremist and Nationalist are not the same thing. One is a bigoted racist, in a broad sense and the second is someone who loves their country. Colour has nothing to do with either, as all colours are equal in sharing blame through out time of being bigoted and racist.

Even if this dick described himself as a white nationalist, he's as ignorant of the English language as he is of humanity.

Coast Guard officer arrested on gun charges had hit list of prominent Democrats, feds say
BY STEFAN BECKET

A self-professed white nationalist who is also a lieutenant in the U.S. Coast Guard planned to "murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country" before being arrested in Maryland last week, federal prosecutors said.

Christopher Hasson, 49, faces federal charges of illegal possession of a firearm and possession of a controlled substance, according to court documents. But prosecutors wrote that those charges are "the proverbial tip of the iceberg."

"The defendant is a domestic terrorist, bent on committing acts dangerous to human life that are intended to affect governmental conduct," prosecutors from the U.S. attorney's office in Maryland wrote.

Federal agents executed a search warrant on Hasson's apartment in Silver Springs, Maryland, and found 15 firearms, more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition and records he had purchased thousands of pills of a heavy narcotic. Hasson allegedly accumulated the stockpile of firearms over the course of two years, eventually amassing an arsenal worth thousands of dollars.

Investigators said they found a spreadsheet on Hasson's computer listing the names of several left-leaning television personalities and prominent Democratic members of Congress, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

See rest of article here: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chris-hasson-us-coast-guard-officer-arrested-on-gun-charges-had-hit-list-of-prominent-democrats-feds-say-2019-02-20/

See court motion here: https://doc-0g-a0-apps-viewer.googleusercontent.com/viewer/secure/pdf/3nb9bdfcv3e2h2k1cmql0ee9cvc5lole/7fu91lug9knl0qt86atm3follutcp8da/1550713125000/drive/*/ACFrOgDOqN_f5TuogP6AB9_8HqOLgDVfJ93WluJ3smPIIA7r7t-BA1qUbm72LI0p1ZHtBREJFl7ztkEbeMlThtWfwCYu_rZ4Ef-Lkkwv2yXFpXdWJOE1bVrTuFZgWag=?print=true

and here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TXRu3XcdLbzvBzsmhIj9zQSzy3EbeO6q/view

:cheers:

tomahawk6 said:
Hits keep coming.The Lt was a white nationalist good thing he was caught.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coast-guard-lieutenant-dubbed-domestic-terrorist-had-hit-list-of-media-bigs-and-dem-lawmakers-prosecutors
More from Stars & Stripes ...
A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant and self-identified white nationalist has been arrested after federal investigators uncovered a cache of weapons and ammunition in his Maryland home that authorities say he stockpiled to launch a massive domestic terror attack targeting politicians and journalists.

Christopher Paul Hasson called for "focused violence" to "establish a white homeland" and dreamed of ways to "kill almost every last person on earth," according to court records filed in U.S. District Court in Maryland.

Though court documents do not detail a specific planned date for an attack, the government said he had been amassing supplies and weapons since 2017 at the latest, developed a spreadsheet of targets that included House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and searched the internet using phrases such as "best place in dc to see congress people" and "are supreme court justices protected."

"The defendant intends to murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country," the government said in court documents filed this week, arguing that Hasson should stay in jail awaiting trial.

Hasson, of Silver Spring, is expected to appear before a judge for a detention hearing in federal court in Greenbelt on Thursday.

Hasson was arrested on illegal weapons and drug charges on Friday, but the government says those charges are the "proverbial tip of the iceberg." Officials with the U.S. attorney's office in Maryland outlined in court documents Hasson's alleged plans to spark chaos and destruction, describing a man obsessed with neo-fascist and neo-Nazi views.

"Please send me your violence that I may unleash it onto their heads," Hasson wrote in a letter that prosecutors say was found in his email drafts. "Guide my hate to make a lasting impression on this world." ...
More @ link & here via Google News

Initial court documents (15 pages) attached.

Attachments

• 093110064281.pdf
    442.7 KB · Views: 79
Fishbone Jones said:
Definition of nationalist

1 : an advocate of or believer in nationalism
2 : a member of a political party or group advocating national independence or strong national government

Definition of nationalism

1 : loyalty and devotion to a nation especially : a sense of national consciousness (see consciousness sense 1c) exalting one nation above all others and placing primary emphasis on promotion of its culture and interests as opposed to those of other nations or supranational groups

In other words, a patriot.

Do not let the press define nationalism as anything other than patriotism. They are trying to equate racism with nationalism. A globalist ploy to demonize anyone not part of their one world government, open border society dogma.

Supremist and Nationalist are not the same thing. One is a bigoted racist, in a broad sense and the second is someone who loves their country. Colour has nothing to do with either, as all colours are equal in sharing blame through out time of being bigoted and racist.

Even if this dick described himself as a white nationalist, he's as ignorant of the English language as he is of humanity.

Yeah, no. That's not at all how this works. You don't get to pick half a term, flip to that word's page of the dictionary, strip it from context and then wave that page at us. We get that the Liberal Media is your boogie man at the moment, but we don't need to indulge that and let truly inane things go unchallenged. The subject at hand is not mere 'nationalism' in a frictionless vacuum without other things attached. Even at that your posting of the definition really only scratches the surface of all of the historical and geopolitical implications of that term and the wars our ancestors were dragged into over that blind and violent deviation from patriotism. If you cannot distinguish 'nationalism' from 'patriotism', then that's going to be a problem for you here. You appear to be relying on a definition of 'nation' as synonymous with 'country', when in the context of ethno-nationalist ideas and ideals like 'white nationalism', it's a distinct and much uglier thing than that.

'White nationalism'... I'll ask you in your mind to imagine that a tube of glue has been emptied between those two words, so please don't try to pull them apart because your hands will get sticky. 'Nation' in this context goes more to another definition of the word 'nation', one that speaks to a homogeneous group of people. Quite literally 'white nationalism' is envisioning a nation defined by whiteness, defined by white people necessarily to the exclusion, suppression, repression, and in most extreme form eliminationism of others. That's a heinous and evil form of belief, one that is behind many ongoing horrors. And as seen in this case at hand, it's a belief set - a very real, aterrifyingly real belief set - that at this very moment continues to motivate people in western society to acts of violence and to the killing of others.

I will not ask you to believe me or to rely on my take or analysis. I certainly won't ask you to rely on the boogie man media. As you started your post with two definitions quoted verbatim from the Merriam-Webster dictionary website, I will trust that you consider that source sufficient. It appears to satisfy your criteria of being reasonably neutral, and appearing in the top three Google results. So I will leave you with this:

White Nationalist, from Merriam-Webster.com
: one of a group of militant whites who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation

I guess they could have just called him a Nazi but he was still a potential terrorist.

[quote author=Brihard] So I will leave you with this:

White Nationalist, from Merriam-Webster.com
: one of a group of militant whites who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation
[/quote]

On a hunch I checked Merriam-Webster for their definition of Black Nationalist.

Interesting differences IMO.

Definition of black nationalist

: a member of a group of militant blacks who advocate separatism from the whites and the formation of self-governing black communities

Folks,

I have restored this topic for any that wish to comment further. Please note the Staff will be keeping a close eye on this topic.

Trolling, personal attacks, and incivility of any type will not be tolerated.

Further, in the event this discussion moves further into political territory, the guidelines for political discourse on Army.ca will be adhered to.

JesseWZ Army.ca Staff

Recruiters are the first line of defense against this crap. Everyone should be alert and prepared to turn these haters in. I think the services would be wise to launch investigations to see how deep the problem goes.

https://www.stripes.com/news/ncis-investigates-allegations-that-pacific-based-marine-sent-pro-nazi-racist-tweets-1.570424

tomahawk6 said:
Recruiters are the first line of defense against this crap. Everyone should be alert and prepared to turn these haters in. I think the services would be wise to launch investigations to see how deep the problem goes.

https://www.stripes.com/news/ncis-investigates-allegations-that-pacific-based-marine-sent-pro-nazi-racist-tweets-1.570424

Whether we like it or not, the problem of white nationalism in the ranks is present. Has been for a long time, of course, nothing new there. It just sucks because that was something that for a number of years looked to have been defeated. Alas, it’s not.

The cross-pollination of this mindset, military training, and organized militia groups is frightening. And it’s gonna be causing problems for a while. Fortunately this guy was caught in the developmental phase of his plot. Hopefully the authorities continue to have that luck, but of course as we’re seeing in the US, that won’t always be the case.

4 coasties were just nailed for drug dealing up in Alaska, hmm might be a few leadership issues as well.

tomahawk6 said:
Recruiters are the first line of defense against this crap. Everyone should be alert and prepared to turn these haters in ...
Good point.  To be fair to the recruiters, though, it's also possible at least some haters may have sprouted/radicalized after joining.

milnews.ca said:
Good point.  To be fair to the recruiters, though, it's also possible at least some haters may have sprouted/radicalized after joining.

I started out in the Army during a time of racial tension both in the services and in the civilian world at large.We did have a guy that joined only to be able to join a militia group. We didn't know this until he had reenlisted for $10000 and then he deserted.When the MP's were trying to find, him his enlistment paperwork was fraudulent. He was tripped up when his uncle a Sgt Major contacted the unit to report him.This was back in 73-74 time frame.

tomahawk6 said:

Being an asshole is very easy to hide in a hour long recruit interview, even I managed to pull that off.  Racism was quite common throughout my term of federal employment. Not restricted to just the white members either, it's everywhere.

Except when a recruit has his medical,its easy to spot tat's which might give someone away. Alsp we have an initial screening which might uncover radical behavior. Its not a foolproof system but usually someone gets exposed. Lately we have had difficulty with radical islamists in the ranks like Ft Hood or 2003 Sgt Akbar killing fellow soldiers, you don't want to ban people based on religion or some other criteria. Not all muslims are bad just like what we did in WW2 by putting Japanese Americans into camps. It wasn't a proud moment in our history. We didn't lock up German Americans. Today with Facebook for example we might see how a recruit interacts with friends in that space.

Update.

CBS News
April 25, 2019

A federal judge on Thursday has granted pre-trial release to a Coast Guard lieutenant who officials said had a hit list of prominent Democrats and journalists.

Bumped with the latest ...
A U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant portrayed by prosecutors as a dangerous terrorist and by defense lawyers as a troubled addict was sentenced on Friday to 13 years in prison after pleading guilty to illegally possessing guns and opioid painkillers.

Christopher Paul Hasson, 50, has been in federal custody since his arrest nearly a year ago, when investigators found more than a dozen guns, hundreds of bullets and scores of Tramadol pills in his home in Silver Spring, Maryland.

Prosecutors had labeled Hasson a terrorist and a white supremacist, saying he made a list of people to shoot that included U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi and MSNBC host Joe Scarborough. They had asked Judge George Hazel of the U.S. District Court in Greenbelt, Maryland, to sentence Hasson to 25 years in prison.

Prosecutors did not charge him with conspiring to commit any violent crimes, however. In a plea agreement in August, Hasson admitted to unlawfully possessing firearms, gun silencers and Tramadol.

At his hearing on Friday, he said he was "embarrassed" by the racist, violent writings investigators found on his computer, the Huffington Post reported.

"I have never hurt anyone in my life and I was not planning to in any way, shape or form," he told the judge, the Post reported.

His lawyers said Hasson was not planning any attacks but rather was in the grip of a years-long opioid addiction that created "significant mood disturbances," according to a letter they wrote this month to the judge.

"Like many Americans, Mr. Hasson went through a difficult time in mid-life, when he became addicted to prescription opioids," his lawyers wrote, saying he was taking three or four times the daily approved dose of Tramadol, a prescription-only medicine he ordered illegally online. "His criminal conduct arose out of this addiction."

They had asked that Hasson be sentenced only to the time he has already served in prison and three years of supervised release.

In their sentencing memo for the judge, prosecutors quoted racist emails and draft documents they said Hasson had written on his computer in which he repeatedly advocated a violent race war.

"Much blood will have to be spilled to get whitey off the couch," one typo-filled draft document said, which prosecutors described as a signed manifesto Hasson wrote in June 2017. "Have to take serious look at appropriate individual targets, to bring greatest impact. Professors, DR's, Politian's, Judges, leftists in general."

In court on Friday, Hasson said he renounced his writings but was not claiming to be "magically cured of my biased thoughts," the Post reported ...
More @ link

Back